Monday September 14, 2020
– Balsamic Moon Phase – release, transform, healing, forgiveness, prepare for the new
– Moon in Leo
– Sun in Virgo
– Jupiter goes Direct today @ 18 Capricorn – “the Union Jack flies from a new British warship”
– Retrograde Planets: Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Uranus, Mars
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – September 13th – 14th – Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Mow to Slow Growth, Dig Post Holes, Harvest, Pick Apples and Pears, Quit Smoking, Perform Demolition, Wash Wooden Floors, Paint, Get Married, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Entertain Friends, Host a Party, Kill Plant Pests
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – September 13th – 16th – Clear ground, turn sod, or kill plant pests.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): All goddesses on board
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe, God of the South, God of Experience
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New moon in Leo: “Daybreak — the luminescence of dawn in the eastern sky” (& Earth An ancient pottery bowl filled with violets)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 23 Virgo: A lion tamer rushes fiercely into the circus arena
EARTH: 23 Pisces: A “materializing medium” giving a séance
Happy Monday! Make a list of things that make you happy and then plan your day accordingly. Have a great week!
What things make you happy?
It’s a question for the ages. And how many of those things are we doing throughout the day. vs How many things are we doing throughout the day that we do not like.
I see this as an important lesson for people to do. Consider the things you like and write them down. Writing them down is important.
It is like bringing them to life.
I like a good cup of coffee. For me that is easy. I go to my coffee pot and pour a cup. No going to Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks. Just straight out of the machine. Strong, Black, Hot. I can see the pot out in the kitchen from where I sit. Easy enough to go out and pour some more. In this I am lucky. I like the coffee that I brew better than anything else. Saves me a hell of a lot of money vs. buying it from some bougie coffee shop.
This is what I like.
What about you? Do you have your perfect cup of coffee? Can you imagine it? Where you get it. what you put in it. How it smells and tastes. Is getting that cup of coffee an experience? What about the experience do you enjoy?
Life is filled with seemingly simple decisions that have so much more complexity than we think about.
But the point of this exercise is to begin to focus on things that you like. And see what we can do to bring more of it into our lives.
If you are lucky then you enjoy your job. They say if you are doing what you love then you never “work” a day in your life. I have been lucky that when i have had “jobs” that they have been doing things that I like. I had one job that I seriously did not like. I needed a job and it presented itself. But it was drudgery every day for the six months I worked at it. Leaving work was like being released from prison. And after having experienced it, I will not repeat it ever.
I bring up work because it is often what we do most often. Unless you are independently wealthy, the money has to come from somewhere. So the idea is to find a job where you are making money doing what you like.
I had another job that I worked at for 7 years. I loved what I was doing. But I could not stand the people i was doing it for. I could go into work, stay in my office and do all I had to do and interact with my bosses as little as possible. It was a trade off. I truly enjoyed what I did. The money was good.
Eventually it ended, and that was a good thing. I found a better job – also doing work I loved. I have been lucky in that regard.
So Back to the List.
Try it today. List things you like. Put them in categories. Consider what parts of your life they may have an effect on.
Is your life entirely made up of the things you like? Probably not. But can you maximize the good things and minimize the bad?
We can hope.