Saturday-Sunday October 9-10, 2021
– Crescent Moon Phase – challenge, growth, struggle, expansion
– Moon in Scorpio – Void of Course 10/9 2:05 AM – 11:24 AN- moving to Sagittarius
– Retrograde Planets – Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron, Mercury
– Planetary Alignments – Earth-Mercury-Sun-Mars – This alignment will begin today and continue through Sunday 10/10
– MERCURY RETROGRADE BEGINS! 9/27 – 26 LIBRA – an eagle and a large white dove turning into each other
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – October 9th – 10th – Potty Train, Wean, Wash Windows, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Advertise to Sell, Travel for Pleasure
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – October 9th – 10th – Do clearing and plowing, but no planting.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Bhairavi (The Goddess who fortifies the heart)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias – God of the West
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Libra: “In the heat of noon a man takes a siesta” (& “A serpent coiling near a man and a woman”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
17 LIBRA: a retired sea captain watches ships entering and leaving the harbor
18 LIBRA: two men placed under arrest
17 ARIES: two prim spinsters sitting together in silence
18 ARIES: an empty hammock
Sunday is my Black Moon Transit Day. It is the day where the Sun Opposes my Natl Black Moon at 18 Aries. On this day, my black moon is activated. It happens twice a year – for me when the Sun is at 18 Aries (April 6th) or 18 Libra (October 10th). What does this mean for me?
On the days of the year that your natal Black Moon is activated, typically one can
expect: lower energy levels, heightened anger/depression, impulsivity, speaking
harshly before thinking, extreme intolerance of injustice, negative thinking/mind
loops, and projecting one’s own feelings on to others. The core fear of the shadow
side comes to the surface.
To identify your natal Black Moon (core fear) and for more information, see the
Appendix of The Black Moon: Guide to Healing the Shadow Side by Laura Walker at
And wouldn’t you know it. The moon is opposing the black moon as well. Double whammy for me.
As I say with Astrology, it is best to know what is happening. This energy does not say you will feel these thing. Just that it caries this potential.
If you do not know your Black moon Days, it is easy to look up. Check out Laura’s book – link above. You can look up the location of your Natal Black Moon. Then mark it on your calendar – as well as the opposing sign.