Friday June 11, 2021
– New Moon Phase – begin, initiate, wish, project, set an intention
– Moon in Cancer
– Retrograde Planets – Mars, Mercury, Saturn – Sun, Mercury, Earth
– Planetary Alignments – Venus – Sun – Saturn
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – June 11th – 12th –Bake, Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Start Diet to Gain Weight, Wax Floors, Cut Firewood, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Buy a Home, Get Married
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – June 11th – 12th – Excellent for sowing seedbeds and flower gardens. Plant tomatoes, beans, peppers, corn, cotton, and other aboveground crops on these most fruitful days.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Tara – Goddess Who Guides, Joined by the rest of the goddesses. All hands on deck.
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian – The Wind of the East – Kathe is Coming – God of the South
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Gemini: “A cafeteria with an abundance of choices” (& “In winter people cutting ice from a frozen pond for summer use”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
21 GEMINI: A tumultuous labor demonstration
21 SAGITTARIUS: A child and a dog wearing borrowed glasses
Last weekend I finally got my garden plowed and planted. June 5. Yes it was pretty late in the Spring. My only excuse has been TIME. (maybe money had something to do with it, but it was more time.
Around here, we have been victims of virtual schooling. We have 5 kids here working predominantly from home. That means a constant process of getting online meetings up, chasing classwork and working with the kids. We could have had the kids return – at least to a hybrid status. But the school went faster than we were ready to accept.
WHY Did We Capitulate?
Fear has been the great motivator here. And it is mostly fear due to medically fragile people here in our home. If one person were to catch the virus. The dominoes would fall. So we did.
Back to Reality
The speed with which the fearmongers in the government and the media have relaxed lockdowns is enough to give someone whiplash. Listening to the government now you would think that Coronavirus never existed. And they are still trying to pay off people to vax-up. For my part, I am just glad they they are mostly shutting up. I am so tired of hearing it. 5G is implemented. The population drones have been chipped. They are happy with the results.
. . . and my Garden
Before. I have been planting my 2 garden patches for the past 3 years. Actually, the patch on the left I have been planting for the 23 years we have been in our home. It just keeps getting bigger. Here are my two patches prior to plowing. The first, on the left is the oldest. We have planted tomatoes here for the last 22 year. The second is to the right on the other side of our driveway. This one I plowed under. This will be the third year I have planted it and it marks the beginning of this blog.
Last Saturday, I plowed them under. I decided to rent a rototiller from Home Depot. 2 years ago I was able to borrow one and plowed both gardens and my side yard 2 days. Last year I did it by hand with a pick axe. That took 2 weeks. and a whole lot of sore muscles.
Here you see the same two gardens plowed. This took about 3 hours and I had help from my son. On the left, I kept a couple lettuce plants that survived the winter.
One week later, I have platen more lettuce. Additionally I have zucchini and cucumbers in ly left side garden. I will have to fence it to keep out the rabbits. They will go after my lettuce and zucchini blossoms. I am also trellising the cucumbers to see how that will work.
I moved my tomatoes to the right hand garden. I bought 5 plants: 1 Early Girl, 2 Big Boy and 2 Cherry. I will also have 4 pepper plants along side. I planted both cantaloupes and Red Beets to round it out. I still had room in the garden though. And my bougie neighbor (who has expensive wood lined raised beds) offered me 4 more tomato plants that she grew from seed. I just planted those last 4 today to align with advice from the farmers almanac.