Sunday May 17, 2020
– 3rd Quarter Moon Phase: complete, revise, realign
– Moon in Aries (@ 9:36 AM) – Moon was in Pisces and was Void of Course from 3:50 AM to 9:36 AM – when it moved to Aries.
– Sun in Taurus
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – May 17-18 – Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Mow to Slow Growth, Harvest, Pick Apples and Pears, Quit Smoking, Perform Demolition, Wash Wooden Floors, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Kill Plant Pests
– Gardening tips May 17-18 (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Poor planting. Fine for cultivating or spraying.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Tara – Goddess Who Guides
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian, God of the East, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month: “The pot of gold at the end of the rainbow”
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 28 TAURUS – A mature woman reawakened to romance
EARTH: 28 SCORPIO – The king of the fairies approaching his domain
Moon Void of Course
A piece of the astrological puzzle that I have been looking for to be ale to publish with the daily reports is in the passing of the moon through the zodiac. This was something I used to follow on another site – (lunarium.co.uk) Unfortunately Google somehow messed up their site and they have yet to rebuild this functionality.
But I found a new lunar ephemeris (which is a chart that tells me times and dates for things that change in the skies.
So, sach day I state the sign where the moon sits at 7:00 AM – the time I use to pull the chart for the day. Since the Moon moves faster than any other object within the chart, it has more noticeable affects. One of them is when it goes Void of Course.
The following explanation comes from Astrologer Al H. Morrison – As published by Judith Ryan. I did not write this, but thought it would help in understanding the Void of Course.
“Every couple of days there comes a time which is best used to subjective, spiritual non-material concerns, like prayer, yoga, play, psychotherapy, or passive experience, sleep or meditation.
This period may last a few seconds, or it may be three days and nights in a single session. It begins when the Moon in transit makes the last major aspect it will make before it changes from one sign of the Zodiac to the next. It ends when the Moon enters the next sign. The name of this period is Void of Course Moon. You may call it a silly season, or vacation from normal living.
Decision-making in such periods turns out later to be unrealistic. Creativity diverges into unplanned directions, improvisions, false starts, error. If you buy any object you never use it fully. Enterprises founded while the Moon is Void of Course do fail after long and costly effort. Human judgment is more fallible than usual during the time the Moon is Void of Course. This is the principle factor in all observed experience thus far.
Routine proceeds readily, but often requires an adjustment later. Defects or shortages come to light. Delay and frustration are commonly experienced while the Moon is Void of Course.” The Moon is the fastest moving body in astrology. She spends about two and a half days in a sign. After she forms her last aspect she is void until she enters the next sign.
Visualize any endeavor begun with it being stamped VOID in bold capital letters and you can grasp the importance of following the Void of Course Moon. Having great aspects going on in your chart at the same time won’t save you either or bring success. Success or failure can result from the Moon being void or not.
The Moon rules our subconscious, emotions and feelings. When she goes “void” this is experienced on a mass global level. People are not tuned into reality 100%. Often they are prone to be detached from reality, spacey, and feel unanchored.
Some Examples of Don’ts during a Void of Course Moon:
1. Submit your resume for a new job, either by e-mail or snail mail.
2. Be interviewed for a new job or do a business presentation.
3. Start a new job.
4. Hold company meetings.
5. Make purchases.
6. Do not negotiate prices, test drive a vehicle or drive it for the first time.
7. Make an investment or open a new bank account.
8. Call on clients.
9. Start legal proceedings against someone.
10. Go on a first date.
11. Get engaged or married.
12. Have elective surgery.
13. Open a business.
14. Host a party or social affair.
15. Gamble or start a trip to a gaming facility.
Some Examples of Do’s during a Void of Course Moon:
1. Prayer and meditation.
2. Sleep and dream.
3. Non-material matters.
4. Let someone start proceedings AGAINST you in court.
5. End a relationship or get divorced.
6. Close doors to end business.
To achieve greater success in all your endeavors please consider using this beneficial astrological tool in timing things in your life. The advantages of knowing when the Moon is Void of Course or not will help you on the road to the realization of your dreams.