Wednesday August 23, 2023
– Crescent Moon Phase – challenge, growth, struggle, expansion, gathering
– Moon in SCORPIO –
– Retrograde Planets 2023 –
R – Pluto – May 1 – Oct 11
R- Saturn – Jun 17 – Nov 4
R – Neptune – Jun 30 – Dec 6
R – Venus – Jul 22 – Sep 3
R – Chiron – Jul 23 – Dec 26
Mercury – Aug 23 – Sep 15
Uranus – Aug 28 – Jan 27
Jupiter – Sep 4 – Dec 3
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 22nd – 23rd – Cut Firewood, Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Dig Holes, Wax Floors, Hatch Eggs, Mow to Increase Growth
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 21st – 23rd – Plant seedbeds. Plant peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, and other aboveground crops in southern Florida, California, and Texas. Extra good for leafy vegetables.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali – Goddess of Beginnings and Endings
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Frequencies, Harmonics, and Waves
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in LEO SUN/MOON – 24 LEO: totally concentrated upon inner spiritual attainment, a man is sitting in a state of complete neglect of his body (EARTH – 24 AQUARIUS: a man turning his back on his passions, teaches deep wisdom from his experience )
SUN – 01 VIRGO: in a portrait, the best of a man’s features and traits are idealized
EARTH – 01 PISCES: a crowded public marketplace
Mercury Retrograde Commences
August 23 to September 15 – Just want to point it out to prepare us all for another bumpy ride through Mercury Retrograde.
For me personally, Mercury Retrograde had already set in a week or two ago. We were in the pre-shadow phase of the Retrograde. Now looking back at it, I was feeling it.
How does it affect me? Mostly I see it in my writing. I am unmotivated. Or to put it better, less able to put things together and get them out on the deadlines I set. I have articles written in my mind. They just do not make it on the page.
In past retrogrades, I simply stop writing. A couple years back in a fateful May, I did not write for 3 weeks. When I started again, I found that my e-mailing service had cancelled my account.
Would it have changed anything if I had been paying attention? Maybe. Maybe not. But it did leave me unable to connect. And communication and connection are two of the dominant themes affected by a Mercury Retrograde.
For yourself, do you know how it affects you? Pay attention to it. Or don’t. It’s up to you.
Communication. Travel. Intellect. Understanding. Relationships.