Sunday January 1, 2023
– First Quarter Moon Phase – step out, take action, breaking away, expression
– Moon in TAURUS–
– Retrograde Planets – Uranus, Mars, Mercury
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Jan 1st– Paint, Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Slaughter, Wax Floors, Dig Holes, Advertise to Sell, Get Married, Buy Clothes, Mow to Increase Growth, Cut Firewood
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Jan 1st – Fine for planting beans, peppers, cucumbers, melons, and other aboveground crops where climate is suitable.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali – Goddess of Beginnings and Endings
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Seth – God of the North, God of Enlightenment
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Capricorn SUN: – SUN/MOON – 02 CAPRICORN: three stained glass windows in a Gothic church, one damaged by war (& EARTH: – 02 CANCER: a man on a magic carpet observes vast vistas below him )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“a flock of wild geese”
SUN – 11 CAPRICORN: pheasants display their brilliant colors on a private estate
EARTH – 11 CANCER: a clown caricaturing well known personalities
Gregorian New Years Day!
What do you do on New Years Day?
Nurse a hangover?
Clean up the house?
Cleanseing rituals like opening all your windows – out with the old and in with the good? Sageing?
Watch a parade?
Eat Pork and Saurkraut? Corned beef and cabbage? Hot dogs?
And then there are the preparations. You have just gotten through the holidays. Do you have to undecorate? Prepare to get back into your work-a-day life?
Do you set intentions or resolutions for the new year?
I ask these questions to remind you of all the things that have been built around this time of the year simply due to the changing of a calendar. A calendar that, while it pretty accurately marks the passing of time, really has not real meanings – astronomically. Just the passage of time.
So consider what you do at this time of the year and how you want to go forward through it.
For me, 1) I am starting a diet. If you have followed me long, you have heard about it. It is called the 30 day reset. It cancels all sugars out of my diet and focuses more on natural foods vs processed. 2) I am dedicating more time to my writing – specifically that I publish this thing every day. And if things go as I plan, it will be done early enough for it to me actionable. 3) I am starting two new business ventures.
All of them beginnings. What are yours?