Tuesday October 18, 2022
– Third Quarter Moon Phase – realign, revise, reorient, surrender, complete
– Moon in CANCER –
– Retrograde Planets – Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Jupiter, Uranus
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Oct 18th – 19th – Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Quit Smoking, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Perform Demolition, Paint, Wash Wooden Floors, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Post Holes, Harvest, Mow to Slow Growth, Pick Apples and Pears, Ask for Loan, Entertain Friends, Get Married, Host a Party
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Oct 18th – 21st –A most barren period, best for killing plant pests or doing chores around the farm. Good harvest days.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali –The Destroyer (Goddess of Endings and Beginnings), Tara (Goddess who Guides), Shodashi– The Fierce One (Goddess of Beauty)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias– God of the West, God of Transformation
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Libra SUN: “ SUN – 03 Libra: the dawn of a new day reveals everything changed ” (& EARTH: 03 Aries a cameo profile of a man in the outline of his country )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“a flock of wild geese”
SUN – 26 ARIES: a man possessed of more gifts than he can hold
EARTH – 26 LIBRA: an eagle and a large white dove turning into each other
National Alaska Day!
Alaska Day is a legal holiday in the U.S. state of Alaska, observed on October 18. It is the anniversary of the formal transfer of the Territory of Alaska from the Russian Empire to the United States, which occurred on Friday, October 18, 1867. – Wikipedia
Now I noted that on the National Holidays page they did not even really know what the holiday was about. But they did create the cool picture you see above.
Wikipedia is more informative. They note what the holiday is for (the day we bought the territory in 1867 – not to be confused with the day we admitted it as a state in the US – January 3, 1959).
It’s a pretty boring holiday (unless you are an Alaskan and happen to live for that kind of thing). There are parades and flag waving and the like. Do they eat Caribou and Salmon? Do they ride a moose? Do they burn Whale Oil? Who knows. But if you happen to be in Sitka, you can join in the celebration. Anyone up there, please let me know how it goes.
The other interesting peice of information that the idiot left had to include in the wikipedia post was that there is also a group or two of indiginous Alaskans (AKA Eskimos) protest the celebrations. They say that it wasn’t Russia’s to sell to the US. And the whole thing is a celebration of the violence used to take their land away. Hmmm. I will just leave that right there.
And Speaking of The Eskimos and Mt. McKinley
Back in 2015, while most of us were not paying attention, THEY changed the name of the highest mountain peak in North America from Mt. McKinley to Mt. Denali. Now why does this matter?
Back in thir Manifest Destiny stupidity, American’s delighted in naming everything. And in the case of this Mountain, it was named after a Presidential Candidate (not even President yet at that point). In so doing, everyong in the past 100 years have read that name (Mt McKinley). It is THE HIGHEST peak in North America. Every kid who took geography back through the 1980’s (I am sure Common Core has pushed this ridiculous subject out of the curriculum in favor of Underwater Basket Weaving for poor, underprivliged, and marginalized races), learned this.
So in all the text books, Encyclopedias, WIkis and the like, the Highest peak in North America was . . . Mt McKinley in Alaska at 20,310 ft.
Just for yucks and giggles (for all those who did not take or remember your geography classes) the highest continental peaks include:
Asia – Everest – Nepal (Fuck China, they cannot have it no matter how many of their textbooks they write it in) – 29,032
South America – Aconcagua – Argentina – 22,837
North America – Denali – Alaska, USA – 20,310
Africa – Kilimanjaro – Kenya – 19,341
Europe – Mt. Elbrus – Russia – 18,510
Antartica – Vinson Massif – 16,050
Australia – Kosciuszko – 7,310
NOTE: Hawaii’s Mauna Kea volcano measures 33,500, though that is because it is measured from the Ocean Floor. The height above sea level is 13,803. In the end this is something left only for tenured geologists in the hallowed halls of universities to argue about.
When we changed the name from McKinley to Denali, consider the number of textbooks and other written material that had to be changed. That being said, I would not doubt that it was used as an opportunity to, instead of teaching geography, to teach about how America ignored the plight and the wishes of the Native populations. This IS how Critical Race Theory works.
Back to the Energy of the Day
If you follow the Orcle Report (www.oraclereport.com), Laura gave us an assignment today that I would like to be a part of. I am introducing it today and will give you my answers tomorrow. If you listen to her report for the day (available on oraclereport.com), you will get the jist of it.
MISSION: combine willpower and emotional power
1 – Can you integrate your will and your emotions?
2 – Do you have undiscovered talents or undeveloped talents?
3 – How can you benefit from the “Pilgrim’s Passage” or the “Pilgrim’s Mountain Climb?”
4 – What “colors” your life? What makes life not be black, white, and gray?
This is a personal journey. You can write it to yourself or share it with the group. Comment where this finds you (Either here on astrogardens, on Facebook or in Substack.
PS In case you were wondering, I am fully on the Denali side of the Mountain naming thing. I despise how many things were Anglicized in our history, to make it easy on the English Speaking world. I simply question the timing as a political tool.