Saturday – Sunday October 8-9, 2022
– Gibbous Moon Phase – trust, analyze, prepare, digest, alchemy
– Full Moon Phase 10/9 @4:54 PM – illumination, realization, fulfillment, shadow, relationships, experience
– Moon in PISCES – 10/9 Void of COurse 7:10 AM – 11:57 AM moving to ARIES
– Retrograde Planets – Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Jupiter, Uranus
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Oct 8th – 9th – Dry Fruits and Vegetables, Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Quit Smoking, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Perform Demolition, Wash Wooden Floors, Kill Plant Pests, Mow to Slow Growth, Pick Apples and Pears, Slaughter
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Oct 8th – 9th –Barren days, do no planting.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali –The Destroyer (Goddess of Endings and Beginnings), Tara (Goddess who Guides), Shodashi– The Fierce One (Goddess of Beauty)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias– God of the West, God of Transformation
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Libra SUN: “ SUN – 03 Libra: the dawn of a new day reveals everything changed ” (& EARTH: 03 Aries a cameo profile of a man in the outline of his country )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“a flock of wild geese”
16 LIBRA: after a storm a boat landing stands in need of reconstruction
17 LIBRA: a retired sea captain watches ships entering and leaving the harbor
16 ARIES: brownies (fairies) dancing in the setting sun
17 ARIES: two prim spinsters sitting together in silence
Saturday night I went out back to see the majesty of the almost Full Moon. A friend from Wales had posted pictures on Facebook of the Full Moon noting how close Jupiter was and she was bummed because there were clouds and she could not get a good shot.
Well I decided to try my hand at it. I used to be a shutterbug – back when we used cameras with film. Since the smartphone age, I have yet to have a phone with the quality I want in a camera. So I use mine mostly for snapshots of the kids.
So last night I played with the camera to get a shot of the Moon as you see above.
But also it reminded me of a song that I want to share. And the song comes with a story. Moonshadow by Cat Stevens was played a lot in our house when I was young. My parents taste in music came from the 60’s folk scene. They were big into groups like The Kingston Trio and The Weavers and John Denver. Into the 70’s my Dad also liked Cat Stevens. I remember this album fondly as it also came with a Children’s storybook called Teaser and the Firecat. This book was in heavy rotation for us. I found a version of the book read on youtube that is below.
Moonshadow almost always comes to my mind to me during full moon nights. When the shining moon provides enough light to cast shadows evrywhere. It’s bright enough to illuminate the world in a ghosly glow. I hear that crystals can be charged in the energy of the light of the moon.
So I shot the Moon and danced in the Moonshadow. Something you are should try sometime!