Thursday October 6, 2022
– Gibbous Moon Phase – trust, analyze, prepare, digest, alchemy
– Moon in PISCES –
– Retrograde Planets – Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Jupiter, Uranus
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Oct 6th – 7th – Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Start Diet to Gain Weight, Potty Train, Wean, Wax Floors, Cut Firewood, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Get Married, Set Eggs
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Oct 6th – 7th –Extra good for vine crops. Favorable days for planting aboveground crops where climate is suitable.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali –The Destroyer (Goddess of Endings and Beginnings), Tara (Goddess who Guides), Shodashi– The Fierce One (Goddess of Beauty)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias– God of the West, God of Transformation
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Libra SUN: “ SUN – 03 Libra: the dawn of a new day reveals everything changed ” (& EARTH: 03 Aries a cameo profile of a man in the outline of his country )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“a flock of wild geese ”
SUN – 14 LIBRA: in the heat of noon a man takes a siesta
EARTH – 14 ARIES: a serpent coiling near a man and a woman
We are Deep Deep Deep in to the US Midterm Election season. And September was BAD for political commercials (franklyu its been pretty bad since June when the Democrats began running an endless stream of Abortion advertising that went all summer long.August got ugly. By September they might as well have been standing in a field slinging cowshit at each other. Welcome to Pennsylvania!
But the bigger point I want to make is that through all the crap, there may be lessons to learn. And specifically lessons about Lies and Logic. Because as the commercials go forward, the level of logical lies have reached a feverous fury.
So I wanted to go over the Ten Commandments of Logic. I found this in a meme today on Facebook, but it is old. And many many many people have spread it around. I took a logic class in college, but frankly only showed up to 3 classes before I dropped it. The professor was insufferable at 8:00 AM. In the 3 classes I attended, I remember only that the textbook was by Leibnitz, which the instructor must have mentioned a hundred times. Funny how memory works.
But anyways, the point in all this is that in the world of politics, I think that everything in the process brings out the worst in people. They say absolute power corrupts absolutely (Lord Acton did at least). And with the amount of power that seems to be weilded in this country, all sides are going bat-shit crazy in order to obtain it.
Thus we have all the lies. So I want to go through the list and point out how I have seen each and every one of these being used.
- Ad hominem — Thou shall not attack the person’s character, but the argument.
Truly the essence of political campaigning. When all else fails, attack character to make yourself look better. Let’s look at the Georgie Senate Race. The Democrats attack Herschel Walker for paying for an abortion for some random chick . . . while he is acampaigning as a pro life Republican. Republicans respond by pointing out documented evidence of the Reverand Raphael Warnock hitting his wife with a car and neglecting his kids.
This campaign is dirty as hell.
- Straw man fallacy — Thou shall not misrepresent or exaggerate a person’s argument in order to make them easier to attack.
Doctor Oz hates all women because he does not support abortion. He is trying to take away all women’s rights.
- Hasty generalization — Thou shall not use small numbers to represent the whole.
All Democrats are Socialists and are trying to tax away your money. All Republicans are fascists and are trying to take away your right to free speech.
Biden: “I was sort of raised in the Puerto Rican community at home politically.” WTF does this fool think he is saying. I think he need Jill to go make him a breakfast taco.
- Begging the question — Thou shall not argue thy position by assuming one of its premises is true.
John Fetterman is Pennsylvania. Dr. Oz is Doc Hollywood. He does not represent you!. (Funny thing about this. Fetterman is a Bernie Sanders socialist. You would think he would like to have a “Hollywood” liberal representing him.
- Post Hoc/False cause — Thou shall not claim that because something occurred before, it must be the cause.
Since event Y followed event X, event Y must have been caused by event X. Marijuana is a gateway drug. So if you smoke pot, you will become a drug addict.
- False dichotomy — Thou shall not reduce the argument down to two possibilities.
This is the Hegelian dialectic. You have to vote Republican or Democrat. You are Racist or Anti Racist. You are either Facist or Anti Fascist.
- Ad ignorantum — Thou shall not argue that because of our ignorance, claim must be true or false.
If you do not believe in Climate change, you are a science denier. You must trust the Science. Antivaxers are science deniers.
- Burden of proof reversal — Thou shall not lay the burden of proof onto him that is questioning the claim.
Global Warming – Al Gore claimed that the Greenhouse Effect caused by carbon and other greenhuse gasses (like cow farts) will cause the CO2 levle in the atmosphere to increase and the earth will turn into a giant Greenhouse and
- Non sequitur — Thou shall not assume “this” follows “that” when it has no logical connection.
Hurricane Ian is proof that Climate Change is real. Asks you to forget that hurricane Ian occured during Hurricane season and was by no means the largest hurricane to hit Florida.
- Bandwagon fallacy — Thou shall not claim that because a premise is popular, therefore it must be true.
This describes EVERY conversation on the morning talk shows on lamestream media. CBS has their “Talk of the Table” where they go around and choose their favorite story of the day. ALWAYS a liberal story. Sending the kinly drones who watch them off to spend the day thinking about whatever they talk about.
These are just a few example of the BS going on in the world. My point is to get you to Pay Attention to all of this. The Polictical commercials this time of year are painful. If you are not just turning off the TV, then pay attention to what they are saying the lies are unbelievable!