Happy Monday! July 4, 2022
– Crescent Moon Phase – challenge, growth, struggle, expansion, gathering
– Moon in VIRGO –
– Retrograde Planets – Saturn, Pluto, Neptune
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – July – 1st – 2nd – Paint, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Buy a Home, Entertain Friends, Get Married, Host a Party, Travel for Pleasure
- 3rd – Wax Floors, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – July 1st – 4th – A most barren period. Kill plant pests and do general farm work.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Dhumavati (Goddess Who Completes and Closes)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Cancer “ a group of rabbits d ne performing a nose dive” (& birds in the house singing happily)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“ a flock of wild geese ”
SUN – 13 CANCER: one hand slightly flexed with a very prominent thumb
EARTH – 13 CAPRICORN: a fire worshipper meditates on the ultimate reality of existence
Happy Monday! “Life is a journey, and if you fall in love with the journey, you will be in love forever.” Peter Hagerty
What is your favorite holiday?
We often talk among ourselves about silly topics like this at our house. Actually our oldest daughter came up with a game for us called questions. She fires up her phone and asks Siri to ask her questions. Yesterday, this question came up. What is my favorite holiday?
First, I love Christmas. I love the decorations. I love the ambiance. I love the music. But the day itself is pretty stressful. Getting the presents ready. Having food – at least 2 meals – ready. The stress of getting the right gifts.
So for my favorite holiday, I would choose either Thanksgiving or July 4th (Independence Day!) And since that is today, it got my vote this time.
Our little community does everything in its power to create Americana on the streets. We have a cute Parade – the route goes on the street diretly behind us. The main picture is from the parade. It features the high school football team and since my son is the kid with the shit-eating grin staring directly at the camera, I share it here. Say Hi to my son Brandon!
There are house decorating contests, pie eating, sponge tosses and every kind of fun that lasts for about 3 hours. But then is when the spirit of the community comes in.
Since there is a parade, many people host friends and family. In the end it feels like a community wide block party.
For us it was Burgers, Hot Dogs and Sausage on the grill with macaroni and fruit salad with various parts of the family stopping in all afternoon.
Thanks to staying at home, we did not waste $100 on gasoline (thanks Brandon). Therre was no large fireworks display this year. The next community over usually host one, but they dropped it. I went out into the alley with a couple of my boys and lit off a couple “Safe and Sane” fireworks from a stand. It was enough.
Last year, this song by Aaron Lewis came out. And like last year, I am sharing it. Happy Independence day!