Thursday, November 12, 2020
– Balsamic Moon Phase – release, transform, healing, forgiveness, prepare for the new
– Moon in Libra
– Retrograde Planets: Neptune, Chiron, Uranus, Mars
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – November 11th – 12th – Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Mow to Slow Growth, Get Married, Entertain Friends, Host a Party
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – November 11th – 12th –
Favorable time for sowing grains, hay, and fodder crops. Plant flowers. Favorable days for planting root crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Kali (The Destroyer of Time), Tara (Goddess who Guides Through Troubles) and Shodashi (Goddess who Fulfills our Highest Desire)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias, God of the West, God of Transformation
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Leo: “A third wing on the left side of a butterfly” (& An open window and a net curtain blowing into a cornucopia)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 20 SCORPIO: Obeying his conscience a soldier resists orders
EARTH: 20 TAURUS: wisps of clouds, like wings, are streaming across the sky
I just read a very interesting and fascinating article.
The Great Silencing of America and the Hallmarks of Woke Totalitarianism
It makes the case that, well, we are fucked. Our beautiful, free society has been taken over by 1984-esque psychos. And we have welcomed it in blindly. It has taken over like a disease (think Gonorrhea rather than COVID19).
It is linked here, but i do not recommend reading it.
You can try if you would like. but it is not written in English. Or at least not in English you or anyone wants to understand. It’s over-the-top academic gobbledegook.
And I am an expert in readability. Part of my goal here on Astrogardens is readability. I will let you in on a little AG secret. When an article is easier to read, more people read it and understand it.
I use a secret tool that tells me how readable an article is. It is called the Flesch Kincaid Reading ease score. They look at all sorts of things like spelling, grammar, word length, sentence length. It send the piece through a special machine somewhat like the Star Belly Sneach machine from Dr. Seuss. In the, you get a score.
For my basic writing score, it generally comes in between 5th and 7th grade reading level. The Totalitarianism article came in at 20th grade.
You may ask, isn’t 5th-7th grade level a little simple? Might it almost be insulting to your readers? Think again. Or read again. Look at the article above and see if it catches your interest or whether you just skim past all of the ponderous sentences and big words. Even better, read it out loud. Read it in front of an audience. Your spouse. Your kids. Your Dog. Does it keep their interest? Then read Astrogardens. You will figure it out pretty quick.
You do not need long sentences and big words to make important points. You need to be articulate.