Wednesday September 23, 2020
– First Quarter Moon Phase – step out, take action, breaking away, expression
– Moon in Sagittarius – Void of Course 1:31 PM – 7:16 PM – Moving to Capricorn
– Sun in Virgo
– Mars Conjunct the Black Moon – With the moon Opposing – 19th – 24th
– Retrograde Planets: Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Uranus, Mars
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) –September 23rd – 25th – Bake, Cut Firewood, Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Dig Holes, Wean, Potty Train, Wax Floors
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – September23rd – 25th – Any aboveground crops that can be planted now will do well.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): All goddesses on board
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe, God of the South, God of Experience
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New moon in Leo: “A boy with censer serves near the priest at the altar” (& A New Moon reveals that it’s time for people to go ahead with their different projects)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 1 Libra: A butterfly preserved and made perfect with a dart through it
EARTH: 1 Aries: A woman has risen out of the ocean, a seal is embracing her
I discussed Moon Void of Course during my talk with Sheila Corona. If you missed it, watch it here. I wanted to share a more robust description of these times. Instead of trying to write it myself, I am copying verbatim from Judith Ryan:
Void of Course Moon
We all have the late and brilliant astrologer, Al H. Morrison to thank for his ground breaking work and promotion of the Void of Course Moon. Al spent well over 40 years of his life researching, writing and teaching this astrological technique. According to Al: “Every couple of days there comes a time which is best used to subjective, spiritual non-material concerns, like prayer, yoga, play, psychotherapy, or passive experience, sleep or meditation.
This period may last a few seconds, or it may be three days and nights in a single session. It begins when the Moon in transit makes the last major aspect it will make before it changes from one sign of the Zodiac to the next. It ends when the Moon enters the next sign. The name of this period is Void of Course Moon. You may call it a silly season, or vacation from normal living.
Decision-making in such periods turns out later to be unrealistic. Creativity diverges into unplanned directions, improvisions, false starts, error. If you buy any object you never use it fully. Enterprises founded while the Moon is Void of Course do fail after long and costly effort. Human judgment is more fallible than usual during the time the Moon is Void of Course. This is the principle factor in all observed experience thus far.
Routine proceeds readily, but often requires an adjustment later. Defects or shortages come to light. Delay and frustration are commonly experienced while the Moon is Void of Course.” The Moon is the fastest moving body in astrology. She spends about two and a half days in a sign. After she forms her last aspect she is void until she enters the next sign.
Visualize any endeavor begun with it being stamped VOID in bold capital letters and you can grasp the importance of following the Void of Course Moon. Having great aspects going on in your chart at the same time won’t save you either or bring success. Success or failure can result from the Moon being void or not.
The Moon rules our subconscious, emotions and feelings. When she goes “void” this is experienced on a mass global level. People are not tuned into reality 100%. Often they are prone to be detached from reality, spacey, and feel unanchored.
Some Examples of Don’ts during a Void of Course Moon:
1. Submit your resume for a new job, either by e-mail or snail mail.
2. Be interviewed for a new job or do a business presentation.
3. Start a new job.
4. Hold company meetings.
5. Make purchases.
6. Do not negotiate prices, test drive a vehicle or drive it for the first time.
7. Make an investment or open a new bank account.
8. Call on clients.
9. Start legal proceedings against someone.
10. Go on a first date.
11. Get engaged or married.
12. Have elective surgery.
13. Open a business.
14. Host a party or social affair.
15. Gamble or start a trip to a gaming facility.
Some Examples of Do’s during a Void of Course Moon:
1. Prayer and meditation.
2. Sleep and dream.
3. Non-material matters.
4. Let someone start proceedings AGAINST you in court.
5. End a relationship or get divorced.
6. Close doors to end business.
To achieve greater success in all your endeavors please consider using this beneficial astrological tool in timing things in your life. The advantages of knowing when the Moon is Void of Course or not will help you on the road to the realization of your dreams.
Please visit her site for more information: