Tuesday June 9, 2020
– Disseminating Moon Phase: illumination, realization, fulfillment, shadow, relationships, experience
– Moon in Aquarius
– Sun in Gemini
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – June 8th – 9th –Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Mow to Slow Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Dig Post Holes, Wean, Quit Smoking, Potty Train, Jar Jams/Jellies, Wash Wooden Floors, Paint, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Host a Party, Kill Plant Pests
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – June 8th – 10th – Poor days for planting. Kill plant pests, spray, fertilize, do general farm work.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Bagalamukhi (The Storm-Calmer) – All are on Duty this month but Bagalamukhi is taking the lead.
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian, God of the East, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month: “The garden of the Tuileries in Paris” (& Two men playing Chess)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 20 GEMINI – A cafeteria with an abundance of choices
EARTH: 20 SAGITTARIUS – In winter people cutting ice from a frozen pond for summer use
Farmer’s Almanac says not a good day for planting. Just for general farm work. And since my tomato patch has become overgrown with weeds, I may spend about a half hour down there grubbing it out. Mowed the lawn yesterday. The yardwork never ends.
I will pick some lettuce however. I have enough for a salad today – green leaf. The spring mix, Romaine and spinach are not quite there, but I had some green leaf that came up from last year that will be wonderful. I also have some other lettuce-like bush that I need to figure out as well.
I like to allow odd plants from last year to come up to see what they are like this year. Last year I allowed the Crazy Poke bush to take over a third of my bottom garden. It looked kind of cool, but it was a mess. This year I dug up the taproot and have done away with most of it. This year i will have Zucchini, Cucumbers, Turnips and Cantaloupe down there. The Asparagus did not take. Looks perfect now, but I expect it to overgrow itself quickly.