Saturday June 6, 2020
– Full Moon Phase: illumination, realization, fulfillment, shadow, relationships, experience
– Moon in Sagittarius – Void of Course 12:10 AM – 3:44
– Sun in Gemini
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – June 6th –Mow to Slow Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Prune Trees, Wean, Potty Train, Slaughter
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – June 6th – 7th –Plant late beets, potatoes, onions, carrots, and other root crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Bagalamukhi (The Storm-Calmer) – All are on Duty this month but Bagalamukhi is taking the lead.
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian, God of the East, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month: “The garden of the Tuileries in Paris” (& Two men playing Chess)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 17 GEMINI – The head of a robust youth changes into that of a mature thinker
EARTH: 17 SAGITTARIUS –An Easter sunrise service
June 6 – A Day that lives in Infamy!
I have always had trouble with this date. But that is from my own personal experience – and specifically from that night in the 1970’s when a friend stayed the night and we watched the movie The Omen. It was schlock horror to many. But to an impressionable 12 year old, it scared the piss out of me!
Especially about the fact that this evil little Devil Child was born on June 6, 1966, and had the mark of the beast 6 6 6 imprinted on his scalp. That night, as we had all the lights out in the house, no one was home and we were sure the world was coming to an evil end, was a teachable moment. Maybe R Ratings were there for a reason. Some movies might just be a little too much for impressionable young minds to deal with.
I remember quite a few of those movies during the late 70’s and early 80’s when we could stay up late and turn on the cable box when Mom and Dad were not paying attention. Movies like The Exorcist, Animal House, One Flew over the Cuckoos Nest, Blazing Saddles, Fame, Stripes, Fast Times at Ridgemont High, Barbarella. All deserving of their R ratings. All probably not made for 12 year olds. But definitely part of my emotional maturity. I was always more into Roller Coasters than Merry Go Rounds. The faster and wilder, the better. Such was the same for entertainment.
So add The Omen to D-Day on June 6th and you have a pretty emotionally charged Date. And while astrologically, the date is no more important than others, the energetics can sometimes join together to make a crazy day anyway.
As for today, I am not seeing too much to worry about. Full Moon? Yes. Sun Squaring Mars and Neptune can add some fun. But I do not see the coming of the 4 horses of the apocalypse.