Happy Monday! April 20, 2020
– Balsamic Moon Phase: Complete, Revise, Realign
– Moon in Aries
– Sun in Taurus
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Can Fruits and Vegetables, Mow to Slow Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Wean, Potty Train, Brew Beer, Get Married
– Gardening tips April 17-19 (from the Farmer’s Almanac) –Set strawberry plants. Excellent for any vine crops, such as beans, peas, and cucumbers. Good days for transplanting. Favorable days for planting root crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Chinnamasta, Goddess who expands the Mind
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian, God of the East, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 1 TAURUS – A clear mountain stream
EARTH: 1 SCORPIO – A sight-seeing bus filled with tourists
Happy Monday! “We Dance . . . We are the Dancers, We create the Dreams.” -Einstein
Dance, then, wherever you may be,
I am the Lord of the Dance, said he,
And I’ll lead you all, wherever you may be,
And I’ll lead you all in the Dance, said he.
Not sure where the Dance thought comes from today, but once it was in my head, I could not shake it. I think it comes from one of my favorite Mark Twain quotes:
“Dance like nobody’s watching; love like you’ve never been hurt. Sing like nobody’s listening; live like it’s heaven on earth.” -Mark Twain.
Since it breaks the Happy Monday rule of not being positive, I never get to use it. Anyhow, it speaks to me in so many ways I will share it here.
I think about the movie Billy Elliot. Its the story of a young boy in working class England who wants to learn to Dance professionally. Not a popular thing for young boys to do. But he is following his passion. He is asked by a proctor after a dance evaluation to get into prestigious Dance School how the dancing made him feel. He answered that he didn’t know. “I sort of disappear. Like I feel a change in my whole body. And like there’s a fire in my body. Just There, flying like a bird. Like electricity.”
I also used the famous Matisse painting The Dance. I remember years ago I was in Washington DC. I visited the National Art Gallery, where there was a special showing of Matisse’s works. part of the exhibit was a larger than life-sized version of the dance in mural format. Imagine the dancers not in a circle, side by side. At the time, I had never seen the piece before. Or did I know anything at all about French Impressionist painting. But I always remember this mural.
Find Your Happy Place
Part of this process is find the place where you are most happy. Is that a location? A special Space? A room? A chair? Your bed? Or is it just a place in your own mind?
I often find it in music. There are songs that transport me away from the here and now into a much better place. Consider this:
I can always get transported into this song.
So your job for today is to find your happy place.