Fluoride in our water supply is one of the most frightening health issues facing our world today. Our schools teach kids about brushing your teeth with Fluoride toothpaste. Dentists bathe children’s teeth in toxic Fluoride slurry at age 6. How many people ask about why we are using a toxic chemical for cosmetic purposes?
Right now, the political questions against adding Fluoride to the water include:
- Science does not agree on the benefits of adding Fluoride. In fact the studies in favor of adding fluoride are over 50 years old. The testing methods used do not pass today’s safety standards.
- The Fluoride used for water fluoridation does not have FDA approval, with control of strength and dosing
- Forcing mass medication of the population breaks civil liberties
- The chemicals are not high purity and pharmaceutical quality products. The fluoride used is industrial by-products from aluminum and fertilizer manufacturing. Other toxins and heavy metals (arsenic, lead and chromium) are present.
The medical community and the government (think FDA and AMA) continue to stand by the aged model. More and more research is revealing the negative impact of fluoride on the brain.
As noted on FlourideAlert.org
Fluoride’s ability to damage the brain is one of the most active areas of fluoride research today. Over 300 studies have found that fluoride is a neurotoxin (a chemical that can damage the brain). This research includes:
- Over 100 animal studies showing that prolonged exposure to varying levels of fluoride can damage the brain, particularly when coupled with an iodine deficiency, or aluminum excesss.
- 53 human studies linking moderately high fluoride exposures with reduced intelligence;
- 45 animal studies reporting that mice or rats ingesting fluoride have an impaired capacity to learn and/or remember;
- 12 studies (7 human, 5 animal) linking fluoride with neurobehavioral deficits (e.g., impaired visual-spatial organization);
- 3 human studies linking fluoride exposure with impaired fetal brain development.
And despite these studies, our government continues to add fluoride to our water supplies under the auspices of “protecting our teeth”.
Europe and other nations are not in lock step with the fluoride program in the USA. In fact, China, Austria, Belgium, Finland, Germany, Denmark, Norway, Sweden, the Netherlands, Hungary and Japan are fluoride free.
Only time will tell if they start to listen.
Last year I took one of our infant foster children to the pediatrician. While there, I was visited by a specialist in the office who proceeded to extol the virtues of drinking fluoridated water to help the baby’s dental health. “He needs at least one glass of plain tap water every day. That will provide him the proper amount of fluoride he needs each day.” To say that I was disturbed by her advice is an understatement.
Since learning about Fluoride and other toxins in the water, I drink only filtered water. I use a simple water pitcher filter. It is cost effective. The taste is much better, but it does not filter out Fluoride. To remove Fluoride, you must use either a reverse osmosis filter or an Activated Alumina filter. These are a little pricier, but in the end something that I want to try.
I seek out Natural Spring Water for drinking when I can find it. I also stopped using fluoridated toothpaste years ago.
Will it help?
NOTE: All the facts and figures and quotes here I found on other websites, including:
Letting the days go by, let the water hold me down…Letting the days go by, water flowing underground… yes Andrew Water is life…I use the zero water filter and amazingly no fluoride is added to Orangevale’s water supply here in California’s capital city…I wouldn’t drink Sacramento’s water though!