Wednesday September 7, 2022
– Gibbous Moon Phase – trust, analyze, prepare, digest, alchemy
– Moon in AQUARIUS –
– Retrograde Planets – Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Jupiter, Uranus
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Sept 7th – 8th – Potty Train, Wean, Paint, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Host a Party, Set Eggs
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Sept 6th – 8th – Poor planting days. Kill plant pests..
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Shodashi– The Fierce One (Goddess of Beauty)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Virgo SUN: “ SUN – 05 VIRGO: a man becoming aware of nature spirits and normally unseen spiritual energies” (& EARTH: 05 PISCES a church bazaar )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“ a flock of wild geese ”
SUN – 15 VIRGO: a fine lace ornamental handkerchief
EARTH – 15 PISCES: an officer drilling his men in simulated attack
Mercury Retrograde is Coming!
On Friday September 9th at 11:38 PM, Mercury will station Retrograde and begin moving backward. It is the start of what I consider to be 23 days of fun where Mercury is resetting its energy. It is generally thought that this means there wiull be issues with Communications, Travel and contracts.
But as you see from the graphic I have shamelessly borrowed from astrology42.com, therre is a lot more to it. While the super intense part of it all takes place in the 23 days, It actually spans over 56 days. But for the purposes of this discussion, we are only talking about the specific retrograde time From September 9th to October 2.
Mercury Retrograde is one of those astrological event that people pay attention to. The others that we think of regularly would be the Lunar Phases and Eclipses. Lunar phases are paid attention to because they happen so often and are part of our culture. Eclipses are just unique and interesting.
But Mercury generally Retrograde about 3 times per year. And how it affects you may have to do with a number of factors.
For myself, Mercury aspects very heavily in my chart Mercury is in my 7th house – Balance. During retrograde balance is an issue for me. It is square Chiron – wounding and Healing. And it is trine the moon – emotions. Since both the Moon and Mercury are fast movers, they bounce off each other a lot.
Now I only learned about Mercury Retrograde about 10 years ago. Paying attention to it made me see a lot of its influence. I kind of dreaded it for a while as I saw its stronger effects. Later I learned to work with it and not against it. While you must pay attention, it does not have to be a drag.
For each of us, we need to decide how we want it to affect us. As I said, I have come to accept and enjoy the experience. That is not to say that things are exactly easy.
Now I bring this up becasue I am about to start a couple of things on Astrogardens. And I need to do it tomorrow or eraly Feriday before we get into the Retrograde. They will include reintroducing my mailing list and creating some fun things for people to buy and interact with.
Tomorrow I will tell you more.