Friday August 12, 2022
– Full Moon Phase – illumination, realization, fulfillment, shadow, relationships, experience
– Moon in AQUARIUS – Void of Course 7:07 AM – 2:44 PM moving to Pisces
– Retrograde Planets – Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Jupiter
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 12th – Brew Beer, Can Fruits and Vegetables, Potty Train, Wean, Mow to Slow Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Go Hunting, Slaughter, Set Eggs
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 12th – 13th Excellent for any vine crops such as beans, peas, and cucumbers. Good days for transplanting. Favorable days for planting root crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Bhairavi – The Fierce One (Goddess Who Fortifies the Heart)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Leo SUN: “an old-fashioned conservative woman is confronted by an up to date girl ” (& EARTH: a masked figure performs ritualistic acts in a mystery plays )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“ a flock of wild geese ”
SUN – 20 LEO: American Indians perform a ritual to the Sun
EARTH – 20 AQUARIUS: a large white dove bearing a message
I kind of enterd a vision quest this morning. It involved the symbols for the Sun and Earth the song I have posted below. But between the sun ritual and the dove I will be mentally flying across a desert throughout the day with Shut Your Eyes playing the whole time.
These quests take us a lot of places. Recently my mind has been about College – my own college experience and that of my daughter who is moving away this weekend to Miami. And with a lot of her friends who are likewise moving out and away.
It is an exciting time for them, but scary as well. The life they knew will be distant. They will be on their own. Many safety nets, but requiring a new level of independence.
This is like the vision quest but maybe with a longer timeframe. Adventures in living. In a New climate. Learning new and more specific information. Preparing for their next phase in life.
I have been mentally questing Miami, where my daughter will be. Not near the beach, but definitley a new climate. Cuban food for which I am jealous. And a whole new world in music for her.
Another of her friends will be going to the University of Arizona in Tuscon. I had to map that one to see how close she will be to friends of mine. Always nice to have a lifeline of sorts.