Thursday May 5, 2022
– Crescent Moon Phase – challenge, growth, struggle, expansion, gathering
– Moon in CANCER –
– Black Moon Days – Moon Conjunct the Black Moon May 5-6
– Planetary Conjunctions – Mercury-Venus-Mars-Saturn
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – May 5th – 6th – Bake, Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Start Diet to Gain Weight, Wax Floors, Cut Firewood, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Buy a Home, Get Married, Hatch Eggs
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – May 4th – 6th – Plant seedbeds and flower gardens. Most favorable for corn, cotton, okra, beans, peppers, eggplant, and other aboveground crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Tara – Goddess Who Guides
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian Achonesis– God of the East, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in ARIES “ a woman sprinkling flowers ” (& a drowning man is being rescued )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“ a flock of wild geese ”
SUN – 15 TAURUS: a man with rakish silk hat, muffled against the cold, braves a storm
EARTH – 15 SCORPIO: children playing around five mounds of sand
Today is a carryover day for the Sabian Symbols. It happens about 4-5 times per year. when in a 24 hour period the sun and earth are at the same symbol (yesterday at 14 degrees 1′ and today at 14 degrees 59′). And it may not be this way at every time zone. But here, that’s the way it is.
Happy Cinco de Mayo
For everyone who didn’t know, this is an American Holiday chosen to celebrate the Mexican Food industry and to sell Tequila and Corona Extra beer.
When I took Spanish in high school and college, the “holiday” was kind of a joke to all of my teachers. They all were very vague about it, in the same way they were vague about explaining the intricacies Spanish swear words. I later learned that most Spanish swear words were more insulting than crude (like their American counterparts of Fuck and Shit are crude and not insulting). They are more likely to call you some version of stupid or insult you masculinity or femininity. It’s a whole different thought process that we just do not understand.
It is one of those “Tower of Babel” things that further drive us culturally apart. While here in English we are trying to degender and cleanse our society of inconvenient language that might drive poor snowflakes into a sfae space, the romance languages are all pretty much completely gendered and there is not much of a way to change it.
But all of that is beside the point. Cinco de Mayo is now and forever will be a drinking holiday and an excuse to eat tacos (like you really need an excuse for that.