Tuesday February 15, 2022
– Gibbous Moon Phase – trust, analyze, prepare, digest, alchemy
– Moon in Leo –
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – February 15th – Paint, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Entertain Friends, Get Married, Host a Party, Travel for Pleasure
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – February 14th – 17th – Clear ground, turn sod, kill plant pests.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Matangi, The Goddess of Soft Breezes
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Seth– God of the North, God of Enlightenment
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Aquarius: “a barometer ” (& “an old sea captain rocking on the porch of his cottage”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
SUN – 27 AQUARIUS: an ancient pottery bowl filled with violets
EARTH – 27 LEO: daybreak — the luminescence of dawn in the eastern sky
Happy National Flag of Canada Day
What a great day to have a National Holiday . . . right after your supreme Socialist Leader invokes a never used Emergency Powers act in order to quell the Trucker Blockades throughout the Country of Canada – protesting vaxc1ne mandates. Would you have ever guessed that The Great White North could be overtaken by a Dictator? The Globalist movement sure has made inroads up north.
Is this simply a huge blow to freedom in Canada? Is it a psychotic ruler showing his dark side in public? You decide.
Way to go Canada!
Chinese Lantern Festival Day
Lantern Festivals are pretty big in the Eastern World. From what I gather, it is a Lunar Holiday – marking the first full moon of the New Year – Called the Spring Lantern Festival.
I appropriated information about this holiday from the following site because they said it pretty well. A conscientious reader may notice my little edits: https://www.thoughtco.com/chinese-new-year-lantern-wishes-688197
The annual Spring Lantern Festival in China can be traced back approximately 2,000 years to when an Eastern Han Dynasty emperor was said to have ordered that all temples, households, and royal palaces light lanterns on the 15th day of the first Chinese lunar month to show respect to the Buddha.
The tradition includes sending wishes to be granted into the sky. Many enjoy writing riddles or wishes on the lanterns before sending them airborne. Here are some examples, including the Chinese symbols and pronunciation.
- Onward and upward: 步步高昇 (bù bù gāoshēng)
- Good health: 身體健康 (shēntǐ jiànkāng)
- All wishes come true: 心想事成 (xīn xiǎng shì chén)
- Be happy and carry laughter all the time: 笑口常開 (xiào kǒu cháng kāi)
- Business will grow and get better: 事業蒸蒸日上開 (shìyè zhēng zhēngrì shàngkāi)
- Everything will be lucky and go smoothly: 萬事大吉 (wànshìdàjí)
- Things will happen as you wish: 事事如意、心想事成 (shì shì rúyì, xīn xiǎng shì chéng)
- Pass an entrance exam and get enrolled in a school: 金榜題名 (jīnbǎng tímíng)
- Harmonious family and prosperous life: 家和萬事興 (jiā hé wànshì xīng)
- Americans can join in the fun as well #FJB #LGB
- Work smoothly: 工作順利 (gōngzuò shùnlì)
- Quickly find Mr. Right: 早日找到如意郎君 (zǎorì zhǎodào rúyì láng jūn)
- Make a fortune: 賺錢發大財 (zhuànqián fā dà cái)
Similar festivals are held all throughout the Buddhist world.
North Korean Holiday held magically on the same day as Chinese Lantern Day. It is not considered a tourist holiday. Despite its cute name, it is truly an nothing holiday, in anticipation of Kim Jong Il’s Birthday ceremony that begins on the 16th. Nothing quite so cool as celebrating the death of a dead despot.
Day Of Ashakalia
Observed annually on the Day of Ashakalia—or Ashkali Flag Day—is a holiday that falls on February 15th in Kosovo. Kosovo is a multicultural country that contains people who hail from all around the world, and one such people are the Ashkali community. And their flag day is celebrated every year to appreciate the work that this community has done for the nation in general.
Every year, drawing competitions are held, as well as creative school competitions. It’s also observed by raising the Ashkjali flag—a flag that symbolizes unity, loyalty, and peace. It’s a holiday that was first celebrated in 2014 and has been celebrated ever since.
The History Of Day of Ashakalia
During the 13th century, the Roma (otherwise known as Gypsies) came to the Balkans and many of them were viewed as second-class citizens. During WWII, many were persecuted, killed, and shipped off to concentration camps by the Nazis.
During the 1990s, many Roma took the positions of Albanians that were dismissed. They were also used by Serbian authorities to bury the dead. As a result, some people saw the Roma as collaborators with Milosevic’s regime.
During a public health emergency in 2000, many Romas, Ashkali, and Egyptians were encamped in Serb-controlled northern Kosovo. This situation continues for more than a decade after displacement. Not long after, the Day of Ashakalia was created to ensure equal education and freedom from discrimination to every Ashkali child.
Afghanistan Liberation Day
And finally, we have Liberation Day in Afghanistan. It is the day they celebrate when Russia was finally pushed out of their country after about 10 years of occupation in 1989. I am willing to bet they will be coming up with another holiday commemorating last year’s capitulation by the US President to put its tail between its legs and run home – leaving billions of dollars with of Helicopters and other weapons of war. Will it be in July when Brandon said we would be gone? End of August? January 21? I may try to submit to the Taliban that they need a catchy name. I would call it Let’s Go Brandon Day!