Tuesday December 14, 2021
– Gibbous Moon Phase – trust, analyze, prepare, digest, alchemy
– Moon in Aries Void of course 12/13 9:52 PM – 12/14 3:11 AM moving to Taurus
– Retrograde Planets – Pluto, Neptune, Chiron
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – December 14th -15th – Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Paint, Wax Floors, Cut Firewood, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Advertise to Sell, Buy Clothes, Get Married
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – December 11th – 13th – A barren period.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Shodashi, The Goddess Who Fulfills Highest Desire.
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias – God of the West, God of Transformation
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Sagittarius: “a widow’s past is brought to light” (& “a world-famous pianist giving a concert performance”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
SUN – 23 GEMINI: three fledglings in a nest high in a tree
EARTH – 23 SAGITTARIUS: immigrants entering a new country
Comfort and Joy
Sharing another of my favorite Christmas songs that feature the word Joy. God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen is one of the oldest Christmas carols still popular. It was most likely first published in 1760 but it was centuries old by this time. The lyrics, sung in a minor key, center around the joy experienced at the news of Christ’s birth – Jesus came “to save us all from Satan’s power when we were gone astray. O tidings of comfort and joy!”
Funny thing also is that this song was featured in the Charles Dicken’s story A Christmas Carol. It was the children singing the song that angered old Scrooge into a barrage of Bah Humbugs.
I have a few favorite versions I will share, each with a little different flavor. And oddly, none al re all that traditional. In the end I always focus on the Comfort