Tuesday December 7, 2021
– New Moon Phase – begin, initiate, wish, project, set an intention –
– Moon in Sagittarius – Void of Course 11:42 PM 12/6 – 6:49 AM 12/7 – Moving to Aquarius
– Retrograde Planets – Pluto, Neptune, Chiron
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – December 7th -8th – Potty Train, Wean, Paint, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Host a Party
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – December 7th – 8th –Barren days. Fine for clearing, plowing, fertilizing, and killing plant pests.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Shodashi, The Goddess Who Fulfills Highest Desire.
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias – God of the West, God of Transformation
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Sagittarius: “a widow’s past is brought to light” (& “a world-famous pianist giving a concert performance”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
SUN – 16 SAGITTARIUS: sea gulls fly around a ship looking for food
EARTH – 16 GEMINI: a woman activist in an emotional speech dramatizing her cause
For the second week of advent the theme is Love. And Love is a well travelled subject that I cannot hope to cover in its entirety. For the Christian observance of Advent, it is for the Love of God.
Love, as stated in this way is a pretty universal thing. It can be seen in most religions and faiths around the world and throughout history. And in Christianity, it follows many of the teachings of the faith.
Things like love our enemies. Do not to discriminate. Do not to label people. Do not to play favorites. Welcome strangers into our homes. Feed people who are hungry. Give clothes to those who need clothing, Visit people in prison. Give a drink of cold water to those who are thirsty.
Simply put, really love our neighbors as ourselves. It is a Universal love.
Universal love is an expression of the harmony of everything and everyone in the universe. You are a part of everything; each person you know and each person you meet is connected to one another. We are all spiritual beings in human form with an abundance of love, energy, and knowledge that is universal.
Christmas time is a reminder about this universal love.
Light Around the World
As I have noted in pointing out some of the mass celebrations of people around the world, we often celebrate many of the same things and incorporate many of the same traditions. Diwali in India is a festival of light. Chanukah is a celebration of light with the 8 candles. Advent celebrates with 4 candles plus 1. Bringing light to the world.
Lights and candles are used in many world religions, including Islam, Buddahism, Shintoism, Catholicism, Kwanzaa, Paganism, Taoism.
It would be nice to think that we could all gather together under a single umbrella to have these celebrations. But they are often the result of years of practice and years of traditions.
I think the only world-wide event is the celebration of the Gregorian New Year – where we often see fireworks. Though it may not be a celebrations of Universal Love, it is a celebration of light.
Here is to wishing Love and Light to all this week.