Monday September 11, 2023
– Balsamic Moon Phase – release, transform, healing, forgiveness, prepare for the new
– Moon in LEO –
– Retrograde Planets 2023 –
R – Pluto – May 1 – Oct 11
R- Saturn – Jun 17 – Nov 4
R – Neptune – Jun 30 – Dec 6
R – Chiron – Jul 23 – Dec 26
R – Mercury – Aug 23 – Sep 15
R – Uranus – Aug 28 – Jan 27
R – Jupiter – Sep 4 – Dec 3
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Sep 10th –Ask for Loan, Harvest, Perform Demolition, Entertain Friends, Mow to Slow Growth, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Host a Party, Pick Apples and Pears, Get Married, Paint, Wash Wooden Floors, Dig Post Holes, Kill Plant Pests, Quit Smoking
Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – 10th – 14th – Clear ground, turn sod, or kill plant pests. First four days are good harvest days.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali – Goddess of Beginnings and Endings
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Frequencies, Harmonics, and Waves
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in LEO SUN/MOON – 24 LEO: totally concentrated upon inner spiritual attainment, a man is sitting in a state of complete neglect of his body (EARTH – 24 AQUARIUS: a man turning his back on his passions, teaches deep wisdom from his experience )
SUN – 19 VIRGO: a swimming race
EARTH – 18 PISCES: in a huge tent a famous revivalist conducts his meeting with a spectacular performance
Happy Monday! Stand tall and find the sunlight.
Outstanding people have one thing in Common: an absolute sense of mission. ~ Zig Ziglar
While exploring for my Happy Monday message, I scrolled though a number of quotes from Zig Ziglar. Now Zig and I have a long relationship. In about 8th grade, I took a class called “See You at the Top.” The idea was pretty simple. They placed a bunch of kids that seemed to be struggling socially into a class and bombard them with Zig Ziglar. Did it work? Not consciously. But I loved the class. And it kept me paying attention to Zig and his motivational ideas my whole life.
Now I cannot in all honesty call Zig a purveyor of “Positive” thinking. I find much of what he says couched in the negative. For instance:
“Be helpful when you see a person without a smile. Give them yours.” and
“You don’t have to be great to start. But you have to start to be great.”
Both are seen as positive motivational quotes. And Motivational they are, but not necessarily positive.
If you have studied the Law of Attraction, you “attract” what you think about. With both of these quotes, they start with a negative thought and change to a positive. While the comparison turns to a positive result, the start in the negative will “attract” exactly that.
The Sense of Mission
I think that it is this Mission, when discovered, accepted and acted upon that becomes a Driving force in the Attraction. By organizing your thoughts and focusing your attention on a goal, you make things happen.
And Zig is surely not the only Motivator who has taught this. Napoleon Hill famously taught this in Think and Grow Rick. Earl Nightengale also in his recording The Strangest Secret.
On the outside, these motivated individuals are not teaching anything mystical. Think about something all the time. Make plans and carry them out. Things get done and you move closer to that goal.
In the inside, however, it is so much more. They make the point that Thoughts are things. There is an energy created with each and every thought. The question is how strong is that thought. How much passion is behind it.
It is the energy of that emotion, when put out into the universe that has an attraction to that similar emotion. And when they meet, the magic happens.
So you ask yourself: What is your mission? If you know it, what are you doing about it? What is your feeling about that mission? Are you able to explain it? Easily? So that others can understand it? So that others might also feel the emotion? Get caught up in it?
As the Zig Ziglar quote goes, it is a trait of these outstanding motivated people to be on a Mission. For them, it is more than just a job. It is a calling. And their enthusiasm for their Mission is every bit a part of their success.
So give it some thought.