Wednesday August 30, 2023
– Full Moon Phase @9:35 PM – illumination, realization, fulfillment, shadow, relationships, experience
– Moon in PISCES –
– Retrograde Planets 2023 –
R – Pluto – May 1 – Oct 11
R- Saturn – Jun 17 – Nov 4
R – Neptune – Jun 30 – Dec 6
R – Venus – Jul 22 – Sep 3
R – Chiron – Jul 23 – Dec 26
R – Mercury – Aug 23 – Sep 15
R – Uranus – Aug 28 – Jan 27
Jupiter – Sep 4 – Dec 3
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 30th – Mow to Slow Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Slaughter, Brew Beer, Potty Train, Go Hunting, Wean, Can Fruits and Vegetables, Set Eggs
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 30th – 31st – Excellent for any vine crops such as beans, peas, and cucumbers. Good days for transplanting. Favorable days for planting root crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali – Goddess of Beginnings and Endings
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Frequencies, Harmonics, and Waves
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in LEO SUN/MOON – 24 LEO: totally concentrated upon inner spiritual attainment, a man is sitting in a state of complete neglect of his body (EARTH – 24 AQUARIUS: a man turning his back on his passions, teaches deep wisdom from his experience )
SUN – 07 VIRGO: a harem
EARTH – 07 PISCES: illuminated by a shaft of light, a large cross lies on rocks surrounded by sea and mist
- a phenomenon whereby the moon appears bluish owing to smoke or dust particles in the atmosphere. “people saw blue moons for years after the 1883 eruption of Krakatoa”
- a second full moon in a calendar month. “tomorrow’s full moon is a blue moon”
- the phenomenon whereby the moon appears particularly large in the sky owing to the coincidence of its closest approach to the earth (the perigee) with a full (or new) moon. “this year’s supermoon will occur on August 30”
- the phase of the moon in which its whole disk is illuminated. “the sky was clear and a full moon shone”
I decided to see if Google could define the meaning of a Super Full Blue Moon. Read the silly definitions above and tell me if any of them come close to what you see in the picture. Admittedly the picture was taken with my POS camera phone and it appears much more blurry than it did live. That also being said, it was far from a clear night and the super bright moon was on the hazy side.
Also looking at the picture, there is an odd blue spot above the moon in this picture. And I bring it up because the same blue spot appeared in the other pictures I took. But for my life, I could not see it with my naked eye.
Also, for all you sky watchers, Saturn is in play tonight. It is sitting approximately 7 lunar disks to the 1 o’clock position of where I could see the moon at 9:45 PM EST this evening. That I could see it from my backyard in Eastern PA’s light polluted sky was a miracle in itself. But frankly, it was the only star-like light I could see in the whole sky. The moon itself was seriously bright.
I love experiencing these things – any of the visible phenomena. Full Moons happen every 28 days. Other things – Solar eclipses. Lunar Eclipses. Planetary alignments. One day I will get a better camera.
They are reminders that no matter how vast our world may seem, we are but small points of light in this universe. Reminds us to shine as bright as we can.