Saturday-Sunday August 12-13, 2023
– Balsamic Moon Phase – release, transform, healing, forgiveness, prepare for the new
– Moon in CANCER –
– Retrograde Planets 2023 –
R – Pluto – May 1 – Oct 11
R- Saturn – Jun 17 – Nov 4
R – Neptune – Jun 30 – Dec 6
R – Venus – Jul 22 – Sep 3
R – Chiron – Jul 23 – Dec 26
Mercury – Aug 23 – Sep 15
Uranus – Aug 28 – Jan 27
Jupiter – Sep 4 – Dec 3
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 11th – 13th – Brew Beer, Mow to Slow Growth, Can Fruits and Vegetables, Get Married
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 11th – 13th – Plant seedbeds and flower gardens. Good days for transplanting. Most favorable days for planting beets, onions, turnips, and other root crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali – Goddess of Beginnings and Endings
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Frequencies, Harmonics, and Waves
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in CANCER SUN/MOON – 25 CANCER: a leader of men wrapped in an invisible mantle of power (EARTH – 25 CAPRICORN: an Oriental rug dealer in store filled with precious ornamental rugs )
20 LEO: American Indians perform a ritual to the Sun
21 LEO: intoxicated chickens dizzily flap their wings trying to fly
20 AQUARIUS: a large white dove bearing a message
21 AQUARIUS: a woman, disappointed and disillusioned, courageously facing a seemingly empty life
Los Pollos Locos
When the crazy chickens start flapping it is a good time to watch your back. Something is coming. From Linda Hill:
This Symbol can indicate the loss of a sense of reality or rational reactions. Often it shows not being in touch with what’s realistically possible and what’s worth trying. There can be an attempt to do too much or too soon or before maturing enough to be capable of doing it. Still, even though ‘Chickens’ are not supposed to fly, trying to do things that are outside one’s natural sphere can be a good thing, as long as you don’t overreach and cause damage to yourself. Sometimes, first attempts at a new experience may prove less than elegant or skillful. Soon you’ll look back with amusement at these early attempts. Find enjoyment in the “Intoxication”, but come back to earth when the feelings vanish. This degree can show people well equipped for being drug and alcohol counselors.
In the past 3 days I have started 3 different articles that have each gotten away from me. I am going to try to put them together in the next week. Because there is a lot going on. But not tonight. It’s gotten just a bit late.
Persiad Meteor Shower Peaks this Weekend
This is the Superbowl of meteor showers for the year. The peak is Saturday and Sunday, where you will see it most prominently. Lots and Lots of shooting stars. They say it is from the debris left behind by a Comet 109P/Swift-Tuttle. You can look that up if you want.
Saturday night at about 1:00 AM EST, I witnessed quite a light show. But that was from an absolutely crazy Thunderstorm. I was called out to rescue one of my kids from a friend’s house. They did not feel safe driving themselves. I busted a plastic bumper and spoiler on my van. You know when they say not to drive through puddles? Well, I can at lest admit I did not see it. I got through. Others did not. But spent the better part of Sunday reattaching the bumper to the car. Why pay a Toyota Dealer a thousand bucks for something I could do myself?
But anyways, If you have the time, go outside and look for shooting stars. Remember Jiminy Cricket singing When you wish upon a star (when Disney was teaching kids how to make better decisions rather than that boys should be proud to become girls).
But if you have the chance, go wish upon a shooting star. Your dreams may come true.