Friday August 4, 2023
– Disseminating Moon Phase – share, demonstrate, teach, learn, feed back, distribution
– Moon in PISCES – Void of Course 9:21 PM – 11:19 PM moving to Aries
– Retrograde Planets 2023 –
R – Pluto – May 1 – Oct 11
R- Saturn – Jun 17 – Nov 4
R – Neptune – Jun 30 – Dec 6
R – Venus – Jul 22 – Sep 3
R – Chiron – Jul 23 – Dec 26
Mercury – Aug 23 – Sep 15
Uranus – Aug 28 – Jan 27
Jupiter – Sep 4 – Dec 3
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 4th – – Kill Plant Pests, Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Pick Apples and Pears, Mow to Slow Growth, Dry Fruits and Vegetables, Quit Smoking, Perform Demolition, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Wash Wooden Floors
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 4th – 5th – Good days for transplanting. Good days for planting root crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali – Goddess of Beginnings and Endings
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Frequencies, Harmonics, and Waves
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in CANCER SUN/MOON – 25 CANCER: a leader of men wrapped in an invisible mantle of power (EARTH – 25 CAPRICORN: an Oriental rug dealer in store filled with precious ornamental rugs )
SUN – 12 LEO: an evening lawn party of adults
EARTH – 12 AQUARIUS: people on a vast staircase graduated upwards
In light of my discussion yesterday about preparing for what the Shit Hits the Fan, I am starting a new section for my posts. It is a daily tidbit of advice. It’s the kind of thing you might find in the Farmer’s Almanac or other such publication. I will be looking in a number of books and magazines I have collected over the years – citing them of course.
For Today, from The Vinegar Book by Emily Thacker
Stay Young Forever
So you want to live forever!
Apple cider vinegar contains the healthy goodness of apples, concentrated into a teaspoon of golden liquid. It is packed with essential amino acids and healthful enzymes. And so it comes as no surprise that some individuals have claimed this natural storehouse of vitamins and minerals will cure all that ails mankind – and even extend life and youthfulness.
Is apple cider vinegar an instand remedy for all that ails the world? A magical nostrum? A mystical elixir? A liquid cure all? Some believe it is something very close to this!
Traditional medical systems are sickness oriented – designed to respond to illness. But good health, and extending the prime of life, begins with a body which is maintained, every single day, by good eating and health practices. A healthy, ageless body requires a diet rich in a wide assortment of nutrients. And he safest way to get adequate nutrients is to supply the body with a varied diet. It should meet all known nutritional requirements and be enhanced with lots of trace elements.
Perhaps this is why apple cider vinegar has the reputation of being and almost magical tonic –
I was gifted a copy of The Vinegar Book by an old friend of mine named Ted Smith back in the mid 1990’s. He was an old codger I knew from The Elks Lodge. He became obsessed with the value of vinegar and was constantly going on and on about it. Usually we were all in the process of getting picked ourselves when he was doing this. It was always amusing.
We would laugh it off. But how much was I laughing when I started using the advice in the book. It wasn’t for another decade that I discovered how apple cider vinegar all but eliminated my need for antihistamines to treat my asthma.
It reads like an old housewife’s tome from a hundred years ago – though it was actually from 1994. You can still get it used online. I recommend buying from ThriftBooks, as it is not Amazon.
Here’s the link: