Wednesday May 24, 2023
– Crescent Moon Phase – challenge, growth, struggle, expansion, gathering
– Moon in CANCER – Void of Course 6:12 PM – 10:35 PM moving to Leo
– Retrograde Planets – Pluto
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – May 24th – Get Married, Paint, Dig Holes, Kill Plant Pests, Buy a Home, Hatch Eggs, Travel for Pleasure, Entertain Friends, Mow to Increase Growth, Cut Firewood, Host a Party
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – May 24th – 28th – A barren period. Favorable for killing plant pests, cultivating, or taking a short vacation.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Chinnamasta – Goddess Who Expands The Mind
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian – God of the East, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in ARIES SUN/MOON – 30 ARIES: a duck pond and its brood (EARTH – 30 LIBRA: three mounds of knowledge on a philosopher’s head )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: – “a woman has risen out of the ocean, a seal is embracing her”
– SUN – 04 GEMINI: holly and mistletoe bring Christmas spirit to a home
– EARTH – 04 SAGITTARIUS: a little child learning to walk
I have recently been on a political tirade. It seems every news story I have the misfortune of seeing triggers me. It is the lies. And they are not even trying to hide them. THEY – the political elites. THEY – The globalists. THEY – the academic left. THEY – The Generation Z zombies.
Exposing them feels good. It makes me feel like I am doing something to improve the world.
But it takes a toll. A heavy emotional toll. And when we are feeling this down, we need to find ways to reset.
Back in March, I began a series on the subject of Grounding. And it is time to continue this. By focusing on improving connections to this universe, I can feel better about the less clean energies that are out there.
Grounding #3 – Physical Grounding Part 2
Seek Nature. Part of grounding in in creating a connection to the ground. Looking in its most basic form. That means actually touching and being part of the earth.
Depending on where you live, it will look different. You might be walking down your front steps and across the sidewalk to the tree on the side of the street. Or crossing the yard and walking into the woods. Or out the back door and onto the beach.
Wherever it is, you need to find that connection spot. And think about how you will experience it.
Your Home Space – I have my goto spots when I need them. They are convenient spots in my yard, in my garden. Places where I can hear the birds. Feel the wind. Smell the plants. See all that is around me. For this exercise I do not taste. But that is possible I suppose. The idea is that you want to make a physical connection with the earth in that spot. I like to be barefoot. Feel the soil. Feel the grass. Feel the rocks I just walked over.
For your homework, consider where your home spot is. (you can have more than one).
Energetic Exchange – When you are in your space, and establish that touch connection, you then use your mind to travel in the connection. When you touch that soil or plant or whatever, feel the energy coming through.
If it is a tree, feel the connection up the trunk, through the limbs to the leave. Feel the roots, touching the earth, connecting to the soil. If it is your feet touching the grass or soil, imagine how far the energy you are touching travels. I really love entering the ocean and feeling the connection to the bodies or water all over the planet.
The energy of the planet is here all around us. It is up to you to become conscious of it.
Going Beyond – Having a home space is important as that is where you are most of the time. But then consider when you are away from home. How can you connect? You need to seek out the places energetically important to you. Feel the energies of these places and mentally catalog them. What are your memories of them.
When you are not consciously doing it, you may not have these memories. But if you journey in your mind you can sometimes recall them. Recall the energies.
I will give you an example. When I was younger, our family would visit Yosemite. The last time I was there was about 35 years ago. But I will give you some very specific memories:
- The apple grove parking lot at Camp Curry – the small of rotting deadfall apples and damp ground.
- The Rock in the north section of mirror lake and swimming through the 40 degree water to sunbathe on top of it.
- The peak of Half Dome and the brisk wind that could not quite blow us over the side.
- The mist trail below Vernal Falls feeling the heat of the day with the chill of the falls.
These are my memories where I connected profoundly with the natural surroundings. I absorbed the energies. I left my own imprints upon them.
By grounding in different places, you are making that connections for life. Other’s of mine include:
- Miami South Beach
- The White sands of the Gulf Coast in Destin, FL.
- The Green Lawns around Stonehenge
- The Big Redwoods on the Avenue of the Giants in Northern California
- Pacific Beach in San Diego
- Snorkeling off the beach of Catalina Island
- Standing on the ice covering Lake Winnipesaukee, New Hampshire
- Hiking in the High Desert north of Yucca Valley
- Walking the streets of the Garden District of New Orleans
- Experiencing the Battlefields of Gettysburg, Pennsylvania
- Outside the Alamo in San Antonio, Texas
All of them involved making physical connections to the earth in these locations. It is funny thinking about all the big cities I have been to – Washington, DC, Philadelphia, New York, Boston, Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, San Francisco. I do not have memories of physical connections there. Sad.
As part of this exercise, my plan is to intentionally make these physical connections to the natural parts of the places I visit. Just another way to Pay Attention.