Wednesday October 5, 2022
– First Quarter Moon Phase – step out, take action, breaking away, expression
– Moon in AQUARIUS – Void of Course 6:46 PM – 8:47 AM 10/6 moving to Pisces
– Retrograde Planets – Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Jupiter, Uranus
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Oct 5th – Potty Train, Wean, Paint, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Host a Party, Set Eggs
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Oct 4th – 5th –Poor planting days. Kill poison ivy, weeds, clear land, but no planting.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Kali –The Destroyer (Goddess of Endings and Beginnings), Tara (Goddess who Guides), Shodashi– The Fierce One (Goddess of Beauty)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Elias– God of the West, God of Transformation
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Libra SUN: “ SUN – 03 Libra: the dawn of a new day reveals everything changed ” (& EARTH: 03 Aries a cameo profile of a man in the outline of his country )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“a flock of wild geese ”
SUN – 13 LIBRA: children blowing soap bubbles
EARTH – 13 ARIES: a bomb which failed to explode is now safely concealed
I am the father of 5 sons. Yes 5. 5 daughters as well, but that is getting out of the scope of this little talk. Below there is a very interesting list of “Rules You Teach Your Son.” I found the list last week and have been trying to figure out what to do with it. When the Children Blowing Soap Bubbles came up, I thought it appropriate.
Raising sons and raising daughters is a completely different experience. Despite this weird leftist worlsd where they want to define 20 different genders and sexualities, it is still pretty much one or the other.
The Hermetic Laws and Universal Laws both address it.
The principle of gender.
“Gender is in everything; everything has its masculine and feminine principles; gender manifests on all planes.” —The Kybalion
#12: The Law of Gender
According to the Universal Law, everything has its masculine (yang) and feminine (yin) principles. Each individual should balance between the masculine and feminine energies to become a Master.
And when I read them, I giggled pretty heatrtily inside. The level of insanity in public on this issue has transcended pretty much all. Call it hillarity instead. Because the people who started it I think are sitting somewhere in a room and laughing their asses off.
But back to the raising sons. I will return to the Gender Principle another time.
My oldest son (who is 33 right now) was the youngest of our first 5 kids. He was all boy. Rambunctious, loud, emotional, hyper, sensitive. And did I mention loud. Being the youngest and a boy, his sisters babied him to a point. But only so long as they could stand being around him. For role models, it was me. And I was a young stepfather who had little experience other than my own life to bring to him.
And Then There Were 10
Please understand, my wife and I are not the Duggers or anything like that. We had no plans to build a huge family. Rather, we were foster parents. We only took babies – and toward the end only medically fragile babies (drug addicted babies). And when you raise a little one from a young age, somehow it just makes sense when they become adoptable.
And no matter how many parenting classes and trainings on behaviors and mental health disorders, They never once offered a class on how to teach a boy to be a man.
Funny thing though. I cannot say I had a great teaching of these pieces of wisdom myself. My Dad worked a lot and led by example. I worked along side of him camping and going to church, he wasn’t much of a conversationalist though growing up. We also had lots of friends we camped with. We had the Dad’s who taught us gun safety. The dad’s and grand dads who taught us to fish and to hunt. The Dads who rode motorcycles. And the scouting types that hiked.
Pieces of what I learned can be found in this list. Other parts from TV. But I like the list and plan to study it for a while. See what lessons I might be able to show my own sons.
RULES TO TEACH YOUR SON
1. Never shake a man’s hand sitting down.
2. Don’t enter a pool by the stairs.
3. The man at the BBQ Grill is the closest thing to a king.
4. In a negotiation, never make the first offer.
5. Request the late check-out.
6. When entrusted with a secret, keep it.
7. Hold your heroes to a higher standard.
8. Return a borrowed car with a full tank of gas.
9. Play with passion or don’t play at all…
10. When shaking hands, grip firmly and look them in the eye.
11. Don’t let a wishbone grow where a backbone should be.
12. If you need music on the beach, you’re missing the point.
13. Carry two handkerchiefs. The one in your back pocket is for you. The one in your breast pocket is for her.
14. You marry the girl, you marry her family.
15. Be like a duck. Remain calm on the surface and paddle like crazy underneath.
16. Experience the serenity of traveling alone.
17. Never be afraid to ask out the best looking girl in the room.
18. Never turn down a breath mint.
19. A sport coat is worth 1000 words.
20. Try writing your own eulogy. Never stop revising.
21. Thank a veteran. Then make it up to him.
22. Eat lunch with the new kid.
23. After writing an angry email, read it carefully. Then delete it.
24. Ask your mom to play. She won’t let you win.
25. Manners maketh the man.
26. Give credit. Take the blame.
27. Stand up to Bullies. Protect those bullied.
28. Write down your dreams.
29. Take time to snuggle your pets, they love you so much and are always happy to see you.
30. Be confident and humble at the same time.
31. If ever in doubt, remember whose son you are and REFUSE to just be ordinary!
32. In all things lead by example not explanation.
33. Dress how you want to be addressed
34. BE BLESSED BY BEING A BLESSING