Thursday August 11, 2022
– Gibbous Moon Phase – trust, analyze, prepare, digest, alchemy
– @9:35 PM Full Moon Phase – illumination, realization, fulfillment, shadow, relationships, experience
– Moon in CAPRICORN – Void of Course 12:39 PM – 2:45 PM moving to Aquarius
– Retrograde Planets – Saturn, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron, Jupiter
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 11th – Jar Jams/Jellies, Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Quit Smoking, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Potty Train, Wean, Paint, Wash Wooden Floors, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Post Holes, Mow to Slow Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Slaughter, Host a Party, Set Eggs
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Aug 10th – 11th Barren days, fine for killing plant pests.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): – Bhairavi – The Fierce One (Goddess Who Fortifies the Heart)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe – God of the South, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Leo SUN: “an old-fashioned conservative woman is confronted by an up to date girl ” (& EARTH: a masked figure performs ritualistic acts in a mystery plays )
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“ a flock of wild geese ”
SUN – 19 LEO: a houseboat party
EARTH – 19 AQUARIUS: a forest fire quenched
How do you feel about the full moon?
I talk at length about the lunar phases and full moons. I happen to love them. They are beautiful and magnificent to look at. And I appreciate the full expression of the lunar phase and all the energy it brings.
As a parent, and specifically a foster parent who has worked with people whose mental capacites are such that they lost their rights as parents, I am keenly aware of the after effects of the energy.
Far too many times, I have ended up in the Emergency Room with a child during the full moon phase. I usually think twice about going then, knowing that the place will be hopping.
Most recently the experiences have been with our son who is on the Autism spectrum. I have said all along that the full moon affected him. A few months back, I pointed this out to his Behavior Specialist who immediately branded me a tin foil hatist. Funny thing is that when I called her just today to go over the issues we were facing, it wah she that brought up the fact that it was the full moon and our son is at it again.
So whether you love it or dread it, I would recomend you go out and enjoy it. The picture above would have been the moon from my back porch if it hadn’t been clouded over. So I got this one from space.com. I hope you enjoy it as well.