Friday February 4, 2022
– Crescent Moon Phase – challenge, growth, struggle, expansion, gathering
– Moon in Pisces – Void of Course 4:41 AM – 9:57 AM moving to Aries
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – February 4th – Bake, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Hatch Eggs
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – February 4th – 5th – Seeds planted now will grow poorly and yield little.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Matangi, The Goddess of Soft Breezes
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Seth– God of the North, God of Enlightenment
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Aquarius: “a barometer ” (& “an old sea captain rocking on the porch of his cottage”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
SUN – 16 AQUARIUS: a big businessman at his desk
EARTH – 16 LEO: brilliant sunshine just after a storm
The Mahavidya on Duty during this Aquarius New Moon phase is Matangi. Back in 2013, Laura Walker introduced us each month to the Mahavidyas. I went back in the archives to see what she had written abut the Wisdom Goddess Matangi.
MATANGI the energy of Sophia’s wisdom goddess named Matangi will be on duty this lunar month. Matangi is a staunch advocate. Her arguments are clear-cut and her dedication to the value of life is unwavering.
Matangi teaches these things. She takes care of what needs to be taken care of, but in the process, she likes to be taken care of, too. In other words, she would be overjoyed at being appreciated. The Mahavidyas are having their own experiences, too. But it is boring and a little disappointing when it is a one way street – when we don’t give back. A simple thank you is sufficient. An attempt at conversation would send them over the Moon. So consider having a conversation with them.
We’ve become familiar with the aspect of Matangi that represents the mother energy taking care of things. She asks us to do for ourselves today because she has plans in the works for the Full Moon phase. Matangi means “breeze” in Maori. Matangi certainly feels like a breath of fresh air. She’s flow-y like that. Wednesday, January 23, 2013