Saturday-Sunday August 14-15, 2021
– Crescent Moon Phase–challenge, growth, struggle, expansion
– @11:19 AM Sunday First Quarter Moon Phase–step out, take action, breaking away, expression
– Moon in Scorpi0 – Sunday Void of Course – 11:05 PM- 11:12 PM Moving to Sagittarius
– Retrograde Planets – Pluto, Saturn, Jupiter, Neptune, Chiron
– Black Moon Days – Opposing the Moon – Aug 15-18 – Note the Black moon is in conjunction with the nodes as well.
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – August 14th – Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Wax Floors, Cut Firewood, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth August 15th – 17th – Potty Train, Wean, Wash Windows, Cut Firewood, Kill Plant Pests, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Advertise to Sell, Travel for Pleasure
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – August 13th – 14th – Plant seedbeds. Plant peas, beans, tomatoes, peppers, and other aboveground crops in southern Florida, California, and Texas. Extra good for leafy vegetables. 15th – 17th – Cut winter wood, do clearing and plowing, but no planting.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Bhairavi (The Fierce One)
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe is Coming with the Solstice – God of the South
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Gemini: “A volunteer church choir makes a social event of rehearsal” (& “A watchdog standing guard protecting his master and his possessions”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
SUN – 22 LEO: A carrier pigeon fulfilling its mission
EARTH – 22 AQUARIUS: A rug placed on a floor for children to play on
SUN – 23 LEO: A bareback rider in a circus displays her dangerous skill
EARTH – 23 AQUARIUS: A big bear sitting down and waving all its paws
Of Note with the Black Moon Opposition while conjunct the Nodes (North Node specifically) From Laura Walker’s The Astrology of the Black Moon: A Guide to Healing the Shadow Side.
Transiting Black Moon – Natal North Node
When the transiting Black Moon conjuncts the natal North Node, we
begin to experience a dramatic change or breakdown in some area of life
that is blocking the path of what is in our highest and best interests.
Obstacles to our destiny begin to fall away. We feel the need to move
beyond the restrictions of the past. Although this is often challenging,
hindsight will reveal how the changes were necessary to allow other events
Transiting Black Moon – Natal South Node
When the transiting Black Moon conjuncts the natal South Node, we
begin to experience a recurrence of some element from our past.
Problems or situations that were unresolved return in order to be
reconciled. We are likely to become uneasy or uncomfortable with
routines or anything that is outworn. It is the nature of the Black Moon
to clear and refresh any part of life that restricts us from actualizing our
fullest potential and the conjunction with the South Node tries to move
us in another direction.
To understand more about The Black Moon in Astrology and your Shadow side, check out the book. It is available for free at: