Sunday June 20, 2021
SUMMER SOLSTICE AT 11:31 PM EST
– First Quarter Moon Phase – step out, take action, breaking away, expression – Moving to Gibbous throughout the day
– Gibbous Moon Phase – trust, analyze, prepare, digest, alchemy
– Moon in Libra- Void of Course 6:52 AM – 7:58 PM Moving to Scorpio
– Retrograde Planets – Pluto, Mercury, Saturn, Jupiter
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – June 20th – 21st – Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Wax Floors, Cut Firewood, Dig Holes, Mow to Increase Growth
– Planting Calendar (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – June 20th – 21st –Plant seedbeds. Extra good for planting fall lettuce, cabbage, cauliflower, collards, and other leafy vegetables. All aboveground crops planted now will do well.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Dhumavati, Goddess Who Winnows and Sorts
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian – The Wind of the East – Kathe is Coming with the Solstice – God of the South
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Gemini: “A cafeteria with an abundance of choices” (& “In winter people cutting ice from a frozen pond for summer use”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
30 GEMINI: A parade of bathing beauties before large beach crowds
30 SAGITTARIUS: The pope blessing the faithful
Happy Fathers Day!
Happy Summer Solstice!
Jupiter Goes Retrograde
A lot is going on today. May the parade of Bathing Beauties before a large beach crowd help to guide us in the right direction. Please remember that these Sabian Symbols were divined back in the 1920’s – before the MeToo movement. Back when putting women on display was considered an honorable thing.
For me I am focused on the Summer part. This is the longest day of the year. And I want to enjoy every sunny minute of it. We will have a picnic in honor of Father’s Day. My own father passed away almost 30 years ago. My wife’s father, my second father about 15 years ago. That puts me at the head of our little tribe. And for me, a picnic is just fine.
Being a Solstice, it is a Cardinal Change. We move into Cancer. And into the First Quarter Phase of the year. It is the time of Kathe – God of the South. Master of Experience. Kathe is like the bard. With him, we are in a non stop Jam session. I like to believe we should just enjoy the music and let it all happen during this time.
Jupiter moves retrograde today. This transit is a good time to review your habits and choices. Notice where you may be taking on too many responsibilities or putting forth extra effort that may not be worth it. Jupiter retrograde can give you the chance to reflect and get things under control.
And finally, today, Sol Luckman’s new book Cali the Destroyer is released and available for purchase.