Saturday-Sunday May 8-9, 2021
– Balsamic Moon Phase –release, transform, healing, forgiveness, prepare for the new
– Moon in Aries Void of Course Sunday @ 6:50 PM – 7:46 PM moving to Taurus
– Retrograde Planets – Pluto
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – May 8th – Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Quit Smoking, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Perform Demolition, Wash Wooden Floors, Kill Plant Pests, Harvest, Mow to Slow Growth, Pick Apples and Pears May 9 Jar Jams/ Jellies, Paint, Mow to Slow Growth, Advertise to Sell, Ask for Loan, Get Married
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – May 7th – 8th – Poor planting. Fine for cultivating or spraying.
- 9th – 11th – First two days are good days for transplanting. First two days are also when planted root crops will yield well. Last day is favorable for planting beans, corn, cotton, tomatoes, peppers, and other aboveground crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Chinnamasta – She Who Expands the Mind
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian – The Wind of the East
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – New Moon in Aries: “A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load” (& the chanticleer’s voice heralds the rising sun with exuberant tones)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: –“A Woman in pastel colors carrying a heavy and valuable but veiled load”
SUN: 19 TAURUS: A new continent rising out of the ocean
EARTH: 19 SCORPIO: A parrot listening and then talking, repeats a conversation he has overheard
SUN: 20 TAURUS: Wisps of clouds, like wings, are streaming across the sky
EARTH: 20 SCORPIO: A woman drawing aside to dark curtains that closed the entrance to a sacred
The Sabian symbol for Saturday at 19 Taurus always makes me pause. “A New Continent Rising out of the Ocean.” The traditional reading of it is the image of discovering America. It is hope and opportunity and the future all wrapped into one.
But . . . Lovecraft
My reading is always different that this. I see or remember the scene at the end of the story The Call of Cthulhu by HP Lovecraft. In the scene, a new continent rises out of the ocean. The seething evil maelstrom arises to take over. The sea monsters-archons are back and coming for all of our souls. The Good news is that it happens in the deep South Pacific. We are safe for a little while at least.
I could explore Lovecraft for days. About 20 years back, most of what I was reading was Horror. It’s a very misunderstood genre. And for authors, they are walking a fine line. Is it reality vs non reality? Sanity vs insanity? And in the end, like many forms of exploratory fiction, how does the human mind deal with facing things that should not be happening in the rational world they thought they were in.
Lovecraft was one of the first to really tackle this genre back in the 1920’s and 30’s. And people REALLY did not understand it. And since I have read a lot of it, there are more than one reason they have trouble with him. First, he is somewhat unreadable. He is American. But his use of the language is kind of snooty and upper crust and written in passive voice. Lovecraft also never mastered the use of dialog. So his stories are mainly narrative.
What he did well, though, was to set a scene. The descriptions were horribly life like. And the point of view was usually from a character who was starting to lose their mind. It is insanity from the point of view of insanity. It is the chiaroscuro. The shadow. What lies beneath or behind. Just on the edge of what you can see, waiting to jump out at you.
And further, he created a world that he invited his readers to settle into and imagine reality melting away. He invited other writers to visit there and expand upon his vision.
So WTF Does This Have to Do With Today?
Are we in for some type of Global Apocalypse? God I hope not. But a quick look at the charts for Saturday and Sunday could shed some light. For wield things coming from Archontic places, I often look to see what is happening with Saturn.
Saturn is sitting at 30 Aquarius (not moving too fast) with a Sabian Symbol of “moonlit fields, once Babylon, are blooming white.” Only aspects are to Venus at 30 Taurus/1 Gemini –
30 TAURUS: a peacock parading on the terrace of an old castle
01 GEMINI: a glass bottomed boat reveals undersea wonders
Not a whole lot of potential for shenanigans there so I believe we should be safe. Potential for things being revealed. Something that lies beneath????
Special Note though
Pay attention to early next week. The Sun will conjoin the Black Moon in Taurus at the New Moon. At the time of the New Moon, The Sun and Moon are at 22 Taurus “a moving finger points to significant passages in a book”. They will meet up with the Black Moon Wednesday at 23 Taurus “a white dove flying over troubled waters.”
I am content with both as I do not personally aspect any of it. But they are all positive signs in my book.
And a Special PS
For anyone who missed the past 2 days (I did not email them) I am doing a deep dive on the subject of Harmonics and Resonance.