Friday August 14, 2020
– Balsamic Moon Phase – release, transform, healing, forgiveness, prepare for the new
– Moon in Gemini
– Moon Void of Course 7:19 AM – 7:35 PM Moving into Cancer
– Sun in Leo
– Mars is Square to Pluto through August 15th)
– Retrograde Planets: Saturn, Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – August 14th – 16th Can Fruits and Vegetables, Mow to Slow Growth, Brew Beer, Get Married
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – August 14th – 16th – Plant seedbeds and flower gardens. Good days for transplanting. Most favorable days for planting beets, onions, turnips, and other root crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Dhumavati (The Goddess Who Winnows) –
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe, God of the South, God of Experience
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – 1st New moon in Cancer: “On a ship, sailors lower an old flag and raise a new one” (& Earth An Indian chief claims power from the assembled tribe)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – 2nd New moon in Cancer: “a Greek muse weighing newborn twins in golden scales” (& Earth – “a woman reading tea leaves”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 23 LEO: A bareback rider in a circus displays her dangerous skill
EARTH: 23 AQUARIUS: A big bear sitting down and waving all its paws
I learned a new word today. Actually it was not completely new. It was familiar. I had just not ever seen or heard it in a sentence. The word?
Now what exactly does it mean and why is it familiar? The familiar part is easy. I grew up with one of our family friend’s name being Brinkman. They were a couple who were like aunts or uncles to us.
Dick was a carpenter. And in the vernacular of the time, he was referred to as self-educated. This meant to all who knew him that he dropped out of school at an early age. He could read, to a point. But I doubt he watched the newspapers or read any books. But despite his lack of formal education, he was a contractor and master craftsman. Built (or at least renovated) his 2 homes. And had the respect of most of his friends.
Caroline was a teacher. She is still today the person I think of when I hear the song Sweet Caroline by Neal Diamond. She loved the song too. They did not have children together. But I believe they may have had older children that we never met. They also had a couple of nephews who would often join us on camp outs. On more than one occasion had me come out to their cabin in the dessert for the weekend. They eventually, as I grew up, adopted a teenage girl – another family acquaintance who was in the foster care system. But that is another story all together.
But that is how I know the name Brinkman.
So today, when I saw the term Brinkmanship, I thought, What kind of backwards bafoolery is this?
Well, a quick dictionary search revealed that it is indeed a word. And politically, militarily and energetically it shows relevance today.
On the Brink!
The art or practice of pursuing a dangerous policy to the limits of safety before stopping, especially in politics.