Thursday July 30, 2020
– First Quarter Phase – step out, take action, breaking away, expression
– Moon in Sagittarius
– Moon Void of Course 8:08 PM – 7:58 AM moving to Capricorn
– Sun in Leo
– The Black Moon is Conjunct the Eris Point – 21 Aries – “A Boxer Enters the Ring” through August 3
– Retrograde Planets: Saturn, Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – July 39th – 30th – Cut Firewood, Mow to Increase Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Dig Holes, Wean, Potty Train, Wash Windows, Advertise to Sell, Ask for Loan, Travel for Pleasure, Kill Plant Pests
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) –July 29th – 30th – Barren days, neither plant nor sow.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Dhumavati (The Goddess Who Winnows) –
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe, God of the South, God of Experience
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – 1st New moon in Cancer: “On a ship, sailors lower an old flag and raise a new one” (& Earth An Indian chief claims power from the assembled tribe)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month – 2nd New moon in Cancer: “a Greek muse weighing newborn twins in golden scales” (& Earth – “a woman reading tea leaves”)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 8 LEO: A communist activist spreading his revolutionary ideals
EARTH: 8 AQUARIUS: Beautifully gowned wax figures on display
The Sabians point to a lot of political flap today. Whether it is left wing drivel or displays of false people or false message, we shall see.
Funny thing about the wax figure. I remember visiting Movieland Wax Museum as a kid. It is in Buena Park – about 2 miles fro Knotts Berry Farm in Northern Orange County. It was about 15 minutes away from where I grew up. So we drove past it pretty often. We always thought it was funny because it had a replica of the statue of David out front. After a few years I think they finally enclosed it so that David’s man parts were not on display for everyone who drove down Beach Blvd. I always thought it was able balance as there was the Pussycat Theater on the next block. That neighborhood was all about sex.
Well anyways, back in the late 70’s and early 80’s, Movieland was more about classic film. There was a Star Trek replica of the Bridge. There was the boat sinking from the Posidon Adventure. There was the Shower Scene from Psycho. All good fun. But there was also a display with Jackie O in one of her iconic White winter dresses.
And that is what I think about when I imagine the wax figure symbol. I never thought any of the wax figures looked anywhere close to real. But the costumes and scenes were fantastic. Jackie O came to life in that scene.