Tuesday July 21, 2020
– New Moon Phase – begin, initiate, wish, project, set an intention
– Moon in Leo
– Moon Void of Course – 8:27 PM – 7:40PM 7/22 – Moving to Virgo
– Sun in Cancer
– Planetary Alignments – Sun – Earth – Saturn
– Retrograde Planets: Saturn, Jupiter, Pluto, Neptune, Chiron
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – July 21st – 22nd – Cut Firewood, Mow to Increase Growth, Dig Holes, Paint, Get Married, Buy a Home, Entertain Friends, Host a Party, Travel for Pleasure, Kill Plant Pests
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) –July 20th – 23rd – A most barren period. Kill plant pests and do general farm work.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Dhumavati (The Goddess Who Winnows) –
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Kathe, God of the South, God of Experience
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month: “On a ship, sailors lower an old flag and raise a new one” (& Earth An Indian chief claims power from the assembled tribe)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 30 CANCER: A daughter of the American Revolution
EARTH: 30 CAPRICORN: Directors of a large firm meet in secret conference
“ Of each particular thing ask: what is it in itself? What is its nature?” – Hannibal Lecter quoting Marcus Aurelius
I am a Horror nut. For a number of years, Horror was all that I read. Stephen King, Peter Straub, H.P. Lovecraft, a number of blogs including the amazing chiaroscuro.com which, regrettably folded. I enjoy movies, though usually not as much as the books.
But every once in a while, a gem appears. Like Alien – pure horror that just accidentally is set in a Sci Fi realm. Or Silence of the Lambs. A murder mystery that crosses over to Thriller/horror. These tend to be the movies that excite me.
But here is where I get to bring my own personal fascination with the elements of horror into our own weary existence here in the matrix. When a quote by Hannibal Lecter can become a guiding principle in life.
I use this quote when listening to and reading the lamestream media. Ask what really is going on that they are reporting about. For example, I will take the most prominent headlines on a subject from a number of different news sites and see where it takes us. The Subject: Portland Oregon Protests:
MSNBC – “Veteran beaten by Federal Agents in Portland Speaks Out” –
CNN – “Breaking Down What’s Going on in Portland”
FOXNEWS – “Avoid the Area: Portland protesters clash with feds as downtown violence escalates overnight”