Monday May 25, 2020
– New Moon Phase: begin, initiate, wish, project, set an intention
– Moon in Cancer
– Sun in Gemini
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – 24th – 26th Bake, Cut Firewood, Cut Hair to Increase Growth, Mow to Increase Growth, Dig Holes, Wax Floors, Get Married, Start Diet to Gain Weight, Buy a Home
– Gardening tips (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – 24th – 26th – Plant seedbeds and flower gardens. Most favorable for corn, cotton, okra, beans, peppers, eggplant, and other above ground crops.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Bagalamukhi (The Storm-Calmer) – All are no Duty this month but Bagalamukhi is taking the lead.
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian, God of the East, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Month: “The garden of the Tuileries in Paris” (& Two men playing Chess)
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 5 GEMINI – A radical magazine asking for action displays a sensational front page
EARTH: 5 SAGITTARIUS – An old owl up in a tree
Happy Monday! Live your life like you are the hero in your movie!
Today is Memorial Day in the US. And for me, it is Birthday weekend. Since my birthday is at the end of May, it was always celebrated in or around Memorial Day. We would usually go camping that weekend – and take advantage of the extra day. We would travel to Yucca Valley, camp out in the desert at some friends’ house. There would be a parade in town. Motorcycle riding. Lots of fun in the sun.
The point of the holiday was always lost on me. It was always more about the picnic and the cake and ice cream for me.