Friday, April 10, 2020
– Disseminating Moon Phase: share, communicate
– Moon in Scorpio
– Best Days (from the Farmer’s Almanac) – Dry Fruits and Vegetables, Cut Hair to Slow Growth, Mow to Slow Growth, Castrate Farm Animals, Pick Apples and Pears, Wean, Quit Smoking, Potty Train, Perform Demolition, Wash Wooden Floors, Wash Windows, Start Diet to Lose Weight, Advertise to Sell, Buy a Car, Kill Plant Pests
– Gardening tips April 8-9 (from the Farmer’s Almanac) –Neither plant nor sow on these barren days.
– Aspect of the Aeon Sophia: (Wisdom): Chinnamasta, Goddess who expands the Mind
– Aspect of the Aeon Thelete: (Will/Desire): Ian, God of the East, God of Wisdom
– Sabian Symbol for the Solar-Lunar Year: “A Triangle with Wings”
SUN: 22 ARIES – The gate to the garden of all fulfilled desires
EARTH: 22 LIBRA – A child giving birds a drink at a fountain
The Christian world is Observing and Remembering the evens of Good Friday. This was the day that Jesus was betrayed by one of his followers, accused by the Jews, convicted by the Romans to flogging and death by Crucifixion and martyred forever.
To Christians, he was the living body of God incarnate on Earth. And this event and his rising from the dead 2 days later was proof of this. Future Christians used this as the proof he was The prophet from God. The Jews decided No, not so much and continued doing what they were doing. Jesus’ Disciples then went forward into the world to spread this word, tell about the miracles he performed and the miracle of his death and resurrection.
Now, in the written history of religious miracles, this was pretty big. Moses and parting of the Red Sea and the burning bush, also big things. I am sure Mohammed also performed miracles. I have not studied enough to know. Add to that the Buddha reaching Nirvana and all the other prophetic miracles.
To me it shows that people around the world have had contact with divine realms. Realms beyond our ability to see, or feel or experience most of the time. And that ability to access it may not be obvious. Possibly it requires extraordinary abilities. Possibly it is accessible through special plants – like the American Indians use of Peyote or the Amazonian use of Ayahuasca or any number of other psycho active substances. Or maybe, people are chosen.
All unknown. At least to all who have yet to experience them.
And maybe this is why organized religion has such a draw. We seek to understand what others have experienced in other realms. And hope that we may also experience them.
For Christians, this is the time where they remember about the spiritual journey traveled by Jesus in his final days of human life. It is a story of hope.
And like the Sabian Symbol for today, The Gate to the Garden of all fulfilled desires, we seek that realm. Go forth.